Home | Reviews | Helmets | Bell

Bell Array Helmets

4.55/5 (11 Reviews)

Bell Array Road Cycling Helmet is the choice for any cyclist who needs excellent ventilation and light weight with good protection. Using Bell's TAG Fit system and using very stylish graphics, the Array is the perfect helmet for the elite to the recreatio

Submitted by Paul W.

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2015

Strengths:    Good-looking, rear tensioner, quality straps

Weaknesses:    Made in China (2009 model)

Bottom Line:
My helmet before this was the (1996) Bell Image Pro Fusion, which was U.S.-made. How many of these Arrays (per 100) are actually crash-tested by Bell, when they receive them off the docks? Well, to para-phrase a famous actor, "You just have to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky today?" Good-looking helmet. Finish is delicate, though, so don't throw your keys on it or anything.
Is the helmet strong? I don't know yet. All I know is that Bell (like all other capitalist pigs) has been cutting over-head. Not a good sign for a company in the personal safety business.

Submitted by Ric Deschler

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2012

Strengths:    Tough as nails

Weaknesses:    A bit too flashy for me

Bottom Line:
Sleek helmet that has a comfortable fit. I'll always trust my head to a Bell.

Submitted by Vidiot a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2012

Strengths:    Like other Bell road bike helmets before it, this one has a shape that fits my head well (unlike Giro that have been more narrow and don't fit me well). My previous favorite was the Bell Ghisallo, but the Array's additional, vertical adjustment mechanism makes for just that much better fit than the horizontal/circumference only adjustment most helmets have.

It's light weight, comes in a variety of colors (I prefer the white/silver for visibility) and vents well enough.

I also like the low-profile design so this doesn't make my head look so much like a mushroom when I have it on.

Weaknesses:    The straps and cam buckles don't let me get the crossover area below my ears to lay flat--it always puckers no matter what I do. My Ghisallo doesn't have that problem--maybe its straps are more flexible or the buckles are better designed?

The vents are numerous, but a little smaller than my other Bell helmets so it's a little harder to scratch that itch you get every once in a while on the bike.

Bottom Line:
Nice helmet with good adjustments, but a few minor issues

Purchased At:   amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   Bell Ghisallo
Bell Xray
Bell Influx

Submitted by Tee.Que a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I fell really hard with this helmet. It split but it saved my head. It did a really great job of keeping me safe. I was left with a slight bump on my head, nothing a little ice can't fix. The rest of my body is really sore and hurt but my head is fine!

Favorite Ride:   river trail little rock

Purchased At:   chain wheel

Submitted by dbeids a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
Good fit, good value, feels solid and comfortable...for a helmet.

Bike Setup:   Tommasini Super Prestige SLX, Campy Super Record, Phil BB and Hubs running Vittoria tubulars on Mavic rims