Home | Reviews | Helmets | Bell

Bell Array Helmets

4.6/5 (10 Reviews)

Bell Array Road Cycling Helmet is the choice for any cyclist who needs excellent ventilation and light weight with good protection. Using Bell's TAG Fit system and using very stylish graphics, the Array is the perfect helmet for the elite to the recreatio

Submitted by Ric Deschler

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2012

Strengths:    Tough as nails

Weaknesses:    A bit too flashy for me

Bottom Line:
Sleek helmet that has a comfortable fit. I'll always trust my head to a Bell.

Submitted by Vidiot a Commuter

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2012

Strengths:    Like other Bell road bike helmets before it, this one has a shape that fits my head well (unlike Giro that have been more narrow and don't fit me well). My previous favorite was the Bell Ghisallo, but the Array's additional, vertical adjustment mechanism makes for just that much better fit than the horizontal/circumference only adjustment most helmets have.

It's light weight, comes in a variety of colors (I prefer the white/silver for visibility) and vents well enough.

I also like the low-profile design so this doesn't make my head look so much like a mushroom when I have it on.

Weaknesses:    The straps and cam buckles don't let me get the crossover area below my ears to lay flat--it always puckers no matter what I do. My Ghisallo doesn't have that problem--maybe its straps are more flexible or the buckles are better designed?

The vents are numerous, but a little smaller than my other Bell helmets so it's a little harder to scratch that itch you get every once in a while on the bike.

Bottom Line:
Nice helmet with good adjustments, but a few minor issues

Purchased At:   amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   Bell Ghisallo
Bell Xray
Bell Influx

Submitted by Tee.Que a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2010

Bottom Line:
I fell really hard with this helmet. It split but it saved my head. It did a really great job of keeping me safe. I was left with a slight bump on my head, nothing a little ice can't fix. The rest of my body is really sore and hurt but my head is fine!

Favorite Ride:   river trail little rock

Purchased At:   chain wheel

Submitted by dbeids a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
Good fit, good value, feels solid and comfortable...for a helmet.

Bike Setup:   Tommasini Super Prestige SLX, Campy Super Record, Phil BB and Hubs running Vittoria tubulars on Mavic rims

Submitted by Scott a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2010

Strengths:    Good fit. Easy-to-use retention adjustment.

Weaknesses:    Ventilation is not great, but is comparable to other helmets in this price range.

Bottom Line:
Fit and quality are excellent for the price. Less ventilation than Giro Atmos and almost on par with my older Giro Pneumo. If you're riding in the heat alot, I'd spend the extra $ and get a helmet with better ventilation.

Purchased At:   ediscountbike.com

Similar Products Used:   Giro Pneumo and Atmos.

Bike Setup:   2008 Quintana Roo Caliente (stock setup)

Bell Array 2011 Helmets on Closeout @ Nashbar

The 2011 Bell Array Helmets are on closeout @ Nashbar. Normally $100, now $49.99 + there is a deal TODAY 15% additional off helmets ++++ Free shipping with orders over $50. [url=http://www.nashbar.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product2_10053_10052_530307_-1]Bell Array Road Helmet - Normal Shippi ... Read More »

DIY light array on X-ray and pics

I needed some good lights, for mixed day and night on bad roads, more than the Nitehawk Emitter single light, and a one watt luxeon headlight, which was just enough to get you out of the woods, but grim. Lights for a swamp commutter, poor country road bike, with take it to the ditch options when a t ... Read More »