Home | Reviews | Helmets | Bell

Bell Ghisallo Helmets

4.93/5 (30 Reviews)

Bell Ghisallo Road Helmet Features 17 huge vents to usher cool air through interior ventilation channels. Fusion In-mold Microshell, In-mold bottom wrap, clear GSP fit system. Internal reinforcemnet.. Cam-Lock levers. Vents 17 weight 10.6oz

Submitted by Wendy Costello a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2010

Bottom Line:
THIS HELMET IS AWESOME, I RIDE ABOUT 1OO TO 150 MILES WEEK DURING SEASON AND I CRASHED HARD THIS WEEK AT ABOUT 20MPH, BOUNCED PRETTY WELL, I REMEMBER BOUNCING FROM THE RIGHT SIDE TO THE LEFT AND WAITING FOR MY HEAD TO HIT THE PAVEMENT AND WAITING FOR THE PAIN....NONE, I WAS ASTOUNDED THAT THE HELMET ABSORBED SO MUCH OF THE IMPACT. IT CRACKED IN TWO PLACES. SAVED MY NOGGIN!!! LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE!

Favorite Ride:   NORTH GEORGIA

Purchased At:   BIEK TOWN, GAINESVIL

Submitted by pablocasal a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2009

Strengths:    Enough vents to do a reasonable job of keeping you cool. Good fit for a large head.

Weaknesses:    They need to rethink the way the sweat gets routed on a hard ride. Often got into my eyes--especially when in a tuck. Bought a Halo headband.

Bottom Line:
I bought this product because it fit my head--as simple as that. I crashed yesterday at about 35 mph going down a hill. I hit the back of my head as I went over my handlebars. I am writing this with road rashes all over and still a bit of fuzziness--but I AM writing this. This is not a unique product--but that is the point: helmets work.

Favorite Ride:   Route 9 to Skyline

Purchased At:   Calazabas Cyclery

Submitted by Mr. Z a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2008

Strengths:    Light, fits my head perfectly, the color scheme is cool

Weaknesses:    Price, but you know how the saying goes: $10 helmet, $10 head. $500 helmet...etc...

Bottom Line:
For some reason I thought Bell was a lesser product than Giro; to my surprise my LBS told me they're owned by the same people. The only difference is the shape. Giro=round skulls, Bell=oval.

Favorite Ride:   anwhere that doesn't involve cars

Similar Products Used:   Giro whatever

Bike Setup:   Orbea Onix, Trek Top Fuel

Submitted by tonyzackery a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2008

Strengths:    The thing worked as designed.

Bottom Line:
Another crash survivor and thankfully the brainbucket sacrificed itself for my sake.

Purchased At:   Swap meet

Submitted by 1GoodTurn a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2007

Strengths:    (Apparent) safety design, fit, strap routing

Weaknesses:    300g weight may be higher than some (haven't much noticed); pad separated from velcro after many sweat-filled months - Bell sent me a new one, free.

Bottom Line:
The Bell Ghisallo helmet is a worthy product with good fit characteristics (roc-lok, pad placement), especially for my oval head shape. No endo test yet, but confidence-inspiring.

Favorite Ride:   PA (compared to MI)

Purchased At:   On line