Cannondale Teramo Helmets

Cannondale Teramo Road Bicycling Helmet. Peak Protection technology uses dual-density EPS foam to reduce weight while maintaining the highest industry safety standards. SI alloy exoskeleton cage reinforcements combine with internal roll cage; the combination reinforces critical vent bridges for best-in-class safety and ventilation. Multi-molding Polycarbonate shell Technology bonds the outer shell with the EPS shell for one-piece integrated design. 23 Flow Through vents control comfort by maintaining airflow through the helmet. These are combined with heat sealed moisture wicking pads keeping the sweat under control. System Integrated micro dial fit w/ Ergo-fit EVA occipital pad offers a precise fit. NEW comfortable light weight webbing with cam-lock dividers offers secure adjustment and all-day wear ability.

Submitted by fireplug a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2012

Strengths:    Light weight, large vents, padding, comes with helmet bag

Weaknesses:    sizing is a bit odd but no problems with the helmet.

Bottom Line:
I just bought this helmet to replace my four year old Bell helmet. So far I have no complaints about the helmet at all. The helmet is well made and graphics/colors all look good together.

This helmet only weighs a few grams lighter than my older Bell which surprised me because it feels a lot lighter in my hands and on my head versus the Bell. the weight of the helmet seems to be balanced better than the Bell which could explain why it feels lighter in the hands.

The large low profile vents work great allowing air flow throughout the helmet. A noticable difference riding in hot weather over the Bell.

There is more padding in the Cannondale than the Bell and a nice touch is the rubber like pad on the back strap. My wife also bought the same helemt and loves the fact that the back head strap is not fully attached to the rear of the helmet allow the strap to be moved up and down slightly. This allows her to wear a pony tail like normal versus lower on her head

The only thing about the helmet is the sizing. This helmet only comes in two sizes S/M and L/XL. According to the website I was right on the boarder line between the two sizes but when I tried on the S/M I found out I had a lot more room than I thought I would. So if you are on the low end of a L/XL it might be worth it to try one one before you buy it.

Purchased At:   Cycle City (Kansas C