Home | Reviews | Helmets | Giro

Giro Transfer Helmets

4.25/5 (4 Reviews)

The Transfers twenty robust vents and hip style are great for riders on the move. Its clean lines and easy-to-use features are elegant, thoughtful touches that offer everything you need and deliver a little more than you might expect. Sizin...

Submitted by Dee Square a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2012

Strengths:    Not the fanciest looking helmet but you can't beat the price!!!!

Weaknesses:    It's a bit hot in warm weather.

Bottom Line:
This helmet saved my life! Last week, I crashed on a descent at approx 30 mph. When I went down, I remembered hitting both my left knee and the left side of my head on the road. I ended up with road rash, abrasions, and bruises on the left side of my body. The HELMET DID ITS JOB! The left side of the helmet had a dent on the shell with some of the foam missing. There were 3 separate external cracks and 2 separate internal cracks. I have no doubt the helmet saved me!

Submitted by Cycle in J-ville a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2011

Strengths:    Price, looks good

Weaknesses:    Tensioner did not hold up. Not enough ventilation

Bottom Line:
I bought this helmet summer of 2009. Last week the tensioner on the back locked up and broke just before a ride. Prior to that it was pretty decent helmet. Not enough ventilation for Florida summers, but not a bad helmet for the price.

Favorite Ride:   Openroad 220

Similar Products Used:   Bell Solar, Specialized Propero

Bike Setup:   2010 Motobecane Immortal Force stock from Bikes Direct

Submitted by MattyFelt a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2010

Strengths:    Colorful, Inexpensive

Weaknesses:    Fit, Weight

Bottom Line:
The Giro Transfer fits snug and securely. However, the helmet fits slightly tight, especially for my head.

Giro offers the Transfer in wide variety of colors. Therefore, I have one matching each bike. Giro also built a quality product.

The helmet has good air circulation and plenty of vents. I used the it year-round in a Mid-Atlantic state.

Favorite Ride:   Along the shore

Schwalbe Lugano Tires
TransIt Small Seat Pack

Submitted by Enemy--Ace a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 1, 2009

Strengths:    After reading the reviews on Nashbar, including a couple of Giro Transfer helmetted riders who crashed, broke their Giro Transfer helmets, and survived, that was good enough for me. This helmet's vents keep me cool and I do sweat heavily. Helmet fit me almost perfectly right out of the box. Just a small chin strap adjustment. The racheting locking mechanism on the back snugs up the helmet just fine.

Bottom Line:
Bought the Giro Transfer on sale at Nashbar. Nice helmet. Only comparison was an older Rhode Gear kids helmet, and the Giro is a huge upgrade. Never have put on a $100+ helmet, and really don't know what they offer, but the idea is to save the head injury in a crash, which the reviewers on Nashbar attest to - and that's good enough for me. Highly recommend.

Purchased At:   Nashbar