Limar 909 Helmets

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

• Store Price

The 909 is an extremely well-shaped helmet combining a small overall size with a low pro? le ? t and great air? ow. The two low front vents create what we call a ram-air-effect seen also in the motor sport.

Submitted by Steve

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2012

Strengths:    Comfortable with secure harness and looks good.

Weaknesses:    Expensive when I bought it 4-5 years ago. Pads deteriorate with use (ok, to be expected) but you can't get replacements.

Bottom Line:
Good looking and functional helmet but the unavailability of replacement pads and the high cost are turn-offs for me. I've bought a Louis Garneau Diamond to replace it.

Submitted by Aaron seamster a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2008

Strengths:    Looks cool

Weaknesses:    Bad quality

Bottom Line:
Do not buy this helmet- i have owned it for a year and it cracked- I did nopt have an accident or crash the helmet just cracked- Limar was unwilling to replace it b/c i lost the registration card...so make sure you register!

Similar Products Used:   Giro helmet and Uvex helmet

Bike Setup:   Cannondale six 13 w/ campy record

Submitted by robert a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2008

Strengths:    Straps and head adjustment are very well designed. The overall design is beautiful. I also like the fact that the bottom part of the helmet has a molded base so when you put the helmet down on the ground, the high density foam does not get damaged.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I have the Limar 909 in Blue. This is probably one of the nicest looking helmets I have seen, one of the more comfortable ones as well. One of the issues I have with the other big names is that there is often not enough meat on the forehead area and the Limar 909 addresses this issue in an effective way. The peak on the front looks great and does not interfere with a cap. The straps are really comfortable and easy to adjust. The head adjustment is also very well designed. I have always used Limar and will probably keep buying the product. For the price, it's half of the Ionos, but is the Giro actually a safer helmet at $140.00 more?? likely not.

Favorite Ride:   Colnago CT2

Purchased At:   La Bicicletta

Similar Products Used:   Giro Atmos, Pneumo.

Bike Setup:   Campy Record 10 Speed, American Classic CR 420, Deda, Keywin pedals, Michelin Pro2Race.

Submitted by Fred Brown a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2007

Strengths:    It saved my life, good ventilation, easy dial adjustment system on the back, looks good and matches the bike :-)

Weaknesses:    Leaves helmet marks on the forehead, padding's a bit thin, not sure how this compares with other makes.

Bottom Line:
I'm writing this 3 days after surviving a fall down Mt.Baw Baw's 13 degree incline. My head hit the bitumen first, striking the right forehead. I'm sure I would have suffered massive head injuries or even death without it. All I have to show for the impact are just grazes and bruises. I wish the rest of the body had faired better, no broken bones though. The polystyrene inner shell did its job, its now cracked in many places. The outer shell, flattened at the impact point, is still in one piece. Having survived I cannot for the life of me understand cyclists who dont wear helmets !

Favorite Ride:   Mount "you name it"

Purchased At:   Cecil Walker's Melbo

Bike Setup:   Trek Madone 5.9

New Bike Purchase, Merida Reacto 909

Hi all, I am about to take delivery of a Merida Reacto 909. Looks like a nice bike, but rare here in Aussie land. Has anyone out there got one of these bikes? or its stable mates, the Reacto Team or 909e. Spec kit looks good, with Dura Ace groupo and C35 wheels. Some nice FSA finishing kit as well. ... Read More »

Limar 909 Bike Helmet $79.00

[url]http://www.steepandcheap.com/[/url] Limar 909 Bike Helmet Limar streamlined the look, but didn't skimp on protection or comfort. Description: With its low profile and small overall shape, the Limar 909 Bike Helmet gives demanding road riders a streamlined look and full-on performanc ... Read More »

Limar 909 helmet

Anyone try one of these yet? I ordered one last eve, price matched + 20% off coupon thru Performance $160 original down to mid $90s. Nothing noted in the reviews, currently wearing a F107 model for 2 years, I've had the straps repaired as the metal studs of the retention system had rusted out and fa ... Read More »