Specialized Chamonix Womens Helmets

Very minimal, lightweight, and sleek race-inspired shape. Everything you need in a helmet, but nothing more. Women''''s graphics

Submitted by StewartK a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2006

Strengths:    It's a nice silver color

Weaknesses:    Just didn't fit my head.

Bottom Line:
This is probably just a case of the wrong helmet for the wrong head. This helmet sits too high on my head and I never felt like I had any side protection at all. It's not that I bought the wrong size (it's a large). The circumference fit just fine. But I would look at the helmets on other riders' noggins and notice they sat a lot lower on their heads than mine did, so I finally purchased a Bell Alchera online and it fits much better. I also like the adjustment system on the Bell a lot better. There wasn't anything wrong with the Specialized's system. It's just that the Bell is easier.

For me, this helmet deserves a zero rating, but that's not really fair because it just doesn't suit my head. So I gave it 3s.

Favorite Ride:   Local "Purchase Brook"

Similar Products Used:   A five year old Trek helmet that fit much better and then the new Bell which is very good.

Bike Setup:   '01 and '03 Teesdales. A triple and a double. Ultegra and 105. Speedplay X Series pedals. Prolink and Flite saddles.