Bellwether Screaming Mimi Rain Jacket Jackets/Vests

Completely wind and waterproof translucent rain jacket. Mesh panel underarms enhance breathability. Zippered front closure reflective piping elastic waist and cuffs.

Submitted by alba831 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2008

Strengths:    Cheap + keeping you dry + cutting the wind = a much warmer ride.

Weaknesses:    Maybe no insulation could be a weakness, but it's just a light overjacket, so I'm not worried about that. Just layer up and you'll be fine.

Bottom Line:
After putting in a 60+ mile ride in the rain and cold I had to review this jacket. This is the first rain cape/jacket I've used and I think it was one of my best purchases. While I still was damp from sweat and had some capillary creep soak my forearms, this jacket kept me warmer and much, much drier than I would have otherwise been. It's an insulated piece so you still should wear your warm gear underneath, but the jacket cut the wind and kept out the rain. On a day like today, that's priceless. And for something like 20 bucks, it's a steal.

I don't know about the longevity since this was my first ride, but I'll update my review later if there are any problems.

Favorite Ride:   Alpine Dam, Marin County, CA

Purchased At:   Sports Basement

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR frame, Dura Ace/Ultegra components, FSA K-force light cranks.