Mavic Echelon Vest Jackets/Vests

Echelon Jacket Light weight dependable wind jacket. Highly resistant DuraLite fabric offers maximum wind protection as well as rain shower repellency. Packable and lightweight, it is perfect just in case... Reflective highlights Rear zip pocket Air Mesh Dura Lite Tech Specs: Wind Ride: Cycling soft goods offering wind protection with strategically placed wind resistant (permeability <50mm/second at 54km/hour) and water repellent (DWR) materials. Dura Lite: A lightweight fabric w

Submitted by Niko a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2010

Strengths:    Looks good.

Weaknesses:    Awkward sizing... I usually take a normal Large in most clothing of this sort as I don't like a too tight fit, I got this in XXL to match a normal L but it's still a bit slimmer than most. And the arms are way too long (even when really stretched out on the bars) now while the bottom still sits pretty high over my groin. But other than that it looks good if you fold the sleeves at the wrists. What is far worse, is that it doesn't breathe at all, it might aswell be a plastic bag taped to my body. The texture feels very similar to my other wind/light-rain-jackets but in 15 minutes I'm easily as wet from the sweat as from any rain... Totally useless, not only on the bike but even around town!

Bottom Line:
This is for the Echelon Jacket, not the west. And this product is total rubbish! It's absolutely useless for anything even remotely close to excersise. Why? Becaus it doesn't breathe AT ALL... I've honestly, and I'm not making a point here - I'm being completely truthful, used plastig garbagebags that breath better. There are very small ventilationmeshes at the armpits, but the rest is just pure, sealed up plastic. I don't sweat much, but I'm soaked in sweat just from a light walk around town on a cloudy day in this thing, and when I take it off the backside and arms are actually dripping. From a light walk for god sake! I hardly break a sweat on a 3hr bikeride.

Favorite Ride:   Any ride, any day.