Rapha Classic Jersey with Arm Warmers Jerseys

For road cyclists, a high-performance jersey is indispensable and performs multiple roles. It protects the rider from the elements, helps to regulate body temperature and stores vital cargo such as food, tools and valuables.

The Rapha Classic Jersey has received numerous plaudits since it was first launched in 2004. The jersey combines functionality and cycling performance with Rapha’s trademark styling. It can be worn on its own or as an additional layer.

The jersey has three main cargo pockets and an additional pump sleeve in the middle pocket. The right rear pocket has an eyelet to run headphone cables inside the jersey and an additional zipped, valuables pocket keeps contents secure.

A set of complimentary arm warmers, designed specifically for use with the Classic Jersey, are perfect for cold mornings and feature a brushed fleece inner and contrast piping.

Submitted by ihatebighairtina a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2011

Strengths:    Style
Fit
sportwool
arm warmers

Weaknesses:    A little expensive but you get amazing arm warmers for "free"..

Bottom Line:
First let me start with the arm warmers. These are so amazingly awesome. They blow my LG arm warmers out of the water as far as style, comfort, and warmth goes. This is what finally made me go ahead and buy this jersey.

Second, the jersey is so stylish. It fits like a glove, and is exactly what I was looking for. I'm so sick of the team issue and over the top jerseys you see out on the road these days. Rapha kept it simple. Just what I needed.

Third, sportwool. I was a bit worried that this would be too hot to ride in, but my goodness I am surprised. It does an excellent job of keeping you cool and pulling the moisture off of you. The full zipper is nice to when climbing for extra cool down. Then it pulls a fast one on you keep you warm on the decent. It's a great all around jersey.

One thing I've heard is that the quality control is lacking at rapha, but I have not noticed it yet. It seems the jersey and the stitching is solid.

By the way I'm 6'2" with a 34" waist and the XL fits perfect.

Favorite Ride:   Lone Country Roads