Diadora Cosmo Shoes

3.18/5 (17 Reviews)

Diadora Cosmo Road Shoe has an Upper of soft Suprell synthetic. Three straps with strong Velcro fasteners for security. Mesh windows for ventilation. Semi rigid internal heel stabilizer. Diapan sole is durable and rigid. Compatible with most major pe

Submitted by Ray Secrest a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2007

Strengths:    Shoe is comfortable and cool to wear due to the vented sole.

Weaknesses:    Heal pad on this shoe is hard plastic. I've actually slipped and fallen just walking in these shoes. It takes a pure idiot to design a cycling shoe without a nonslip, replacement heal. These shoes are actuall dangerous and I regret no paying a little more and getting a better designed shoe.

Bottom Line:
Shoe is comfortable and fairly cool to wear due to the vented sole.

Purchased At:   Local Bike Shop

Bike Setup:   Cannondale R800

Submitted by Sub a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2006

Strengths:    Price, comfort.

Weaknesses:    Not snug fitting, Flexy sole.

Bottom Line:
These were my first pair of road shoes I bought while getting into the sport 5-6 years ago. They are a good value, but not comparable to the higher end shoes. They do not hold the heel well, and I don't trust that my foot won't come out of them in a sprint. The sole is also much more flexable than my racing shoes.

Favorite Ride:   you name it

Purchased At:   online (nashbar, per

Similar Products Used:   carnac quartz.

Bike Setup:   who cares.

Submitted by drummerboy1248 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2005

Strengths:    Price, comfort, they look good in a generic silver cycling shoe kinda way.

Weaknesses:    A little soft in the sole for competitive riding.

Bottom Line:
I picked these up very slightly used on Ebay. I needed a new daily training shoe. I was using a pair of 2-strap Performance shoes to train. The Cosmos are a much better shoe. The heel cup is kinda big on my narrow heel, and the toe box is almost too cramped. These are a 46. I might could've gone with a 46.5. Overall, though, I am able to adjust them on the fly and get good fit. Even though the heel feels loose, it hangs onto my foot through sprints and out-o-the-saddle climbing. I actually have to think about the shoes to really find anything that annoys me. They aren't the match of a higher end shoe, but I'm very happy with them. They lack the stiffness in the sole of the Sidi's. They are a great training shoe for the price I paid. I've only put about 400 miles on them. They supposedly had 300 on them when I got them. So, their durability remains to be seen, but they are holding up well right now.

Favorite Ride:   Hotter 'N Hell 100

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Sidi, Shimano, Performance.

Bike Setup:   Custom steel Patarek with Look pedals.

Submitted by daneil a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2004

Strengths:    Cool, comfortable, nices stiff soles.

Weaknesses:    Stitching on uppers.

Bottom Line:
In general a good shoe, although I did have a few gripes. I've raced on them for a season and Used them since last year with a variety of pedal systems, and they've held up well. The shoe works well to reduce hotspots in both SPD and Time pedal systems.

One gripe is purely personal, the heel cup doesn't secure my heel well enough on the upstroke, but all feet are different so I can't really hold that against the shoe.

While the shoes are very comfortable due to the ICS (Induction Cooling System, or air scoops on the sole) the stitching on the uppers has started to come apart after only about 14 months.

Similar Products Used:   Lake, other Diadora.

Submitted by cmorganshields a Road Racer from Knoxville, TN

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2003

Strengths:    Price.
Looks good.
This is a great shoe to get you started.

Weaknesses:    Sole gets soft rather quickly. Doesn't have the lifetime of the Genius, or anything with carbon sole.

Bottom Line:
I've used these shoes for two and a half seasons now. For a shoe under $100 I'd have to say they're a no-brainer. I've replaced my Look cleats twice and recently went with the Speedplay Zero system and have never experienced stripping in the cleat plate.

The upper has held up great - including the velcro.

The sole is now nearly as soft as a moccasin! I would NOT consider this a problem with the shoe however. The shoe is good for what it is - a entry-to-mid-level shoe. If you race and log LOTS of miles in these shoes, you'll only get one good season. I've stretched my through a second season, but I've developed hot spots. I can bend the shoe in half EASILY now.