Home | Reviews | Shoes | Fizik

Fizik R1M Uomo Shoes

High Performance Professional Cycling Shoes Handmade in Italy

Spine Concept is the fi'zi:k guideline to the right saddle choice. It realizes that cyclists have varying degrees of flexibility and human flexibility affects riding behavior when cycling in a high performance position.

Submitted by SauronHimself a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    Stiff, customizable sole, sleek.

Weaknesses:    Difficult for walking if you're already not accustomed to carbon sole shoes.

Bottom Line:
I got these shoes as replacements for 8-year-old Nike Hautacams that served me well, but they were damaged in a crash. I wanted another carbon sole shoe since that was what I'd been accustomed. My first pair of road shoes were Diadora Ergos back in 2003, and they didn't transfer power as efficiently as a carbon sole shoe. I knew what size I needed and what kind of shoe would fit my feet, and I came across the Fizik R1. The black goes well with the rest of my apparel and my silver-black bike. The neat thing about these shoes is that you can custom mold the insoles via heating them. Fizik recommends you use one of their fitting stations which are damn near impossible to find, so you can simple put them on a baking tray in the oven for five to ten minutes at 200F. Overall, this is a nicely fitting and well performing shoe, and I'm glad I got a good deal on it as well ($230 from Art's Cyclerly, MSRP $400).

Purchased At:   Art's Cyclery