Louis Garneau Revo XR2 Shoes

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Louis Garneau Revo XR2 Road Cycling Shoe has a micro-adjustment and better support in vertical thrust with an adjustable velcro main strap.

Submitted by Bubba Hotep a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2012

Strengths:    Stiff enough; well-ventilated; very stylish in silver; seem durable; great closure system; inexpensive if you shop for them; very secure cleat platform. Roomy toe box if sized right.

Weaknesses:    Somewhat heavy (but doesn't seem to matter); they run small by up to 1.5 sizes.

Bottom Line:
I've been riding for 30 years and have owned many styles and brands of road and mountain bike shoes, with the exception of SIDI. These are at the top of the heap for me.

Stiff enough to transfer all your power but not so stiff that they hurt you on rough roads. I've owned several pairs of carbon-soled shoes and know how a too-stiff sole can become a problem on a very long ride. Have not noticed that I can "torque" the shoe when out of the saddle and I'm heavy-enough to do that to other shoes. Stylish and seem durable after about 2,000 miles in the last 4 months or so. Overall, a cool-looking shoe. I get many positive comments. The closure system is great! Inexpenive ($70 US new). I like them so much I bought a second pair to put in storage, just in case. They are well-ventilated and I'm sure they will work fine this Summer in the Deep South USA where I ride. The longest ride I've ridden with them was 75 miles last Saturday. I totally forgot about them and never felt my usual "hot foot" that always hits me at 50 miles. Did I say I love 'em.

Favorite Ride:   Natchez Trace and Jackson, Louisiana area

Purchased At:   Garneau

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Specialized, Carnac, Mavic

Bike Setup:   1994-5 Litespeed Classic polished 61cm Ti frame/carbon Kestrel fork (broke the original Litespeed-painted model), new Shimano 6700 gruppo, new custom-built wheels with Velocity rims and Ultegra 6700 hubs, Specialized Avatar saddle (155 width), Ultegra 6700 pedals, Ritchey 46cm (c to c) handlebars

Submitted by Cody G a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2012

Strengths:    These shoes ROCK on warm and hot days. They are well ventilated. The soles have air ports that circulate air from the bottom as well. I really like Garneau's "racket" strap on the top. You can get a great snug fit for kicking hard on sprints. And they make me look fast....even though I'm not. LoL!

Weaknesses:    Only one. The shoe is not good for cold day riding. It ventilates so well your feet freeze. However a pair of insulated winter covers fixed that except for the coldest of days. I pretty use these shoes in the spring summer and fall and keep 'em on the shelf during winter.

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of these on sale at Scheel's in Omaha for $59. I love these shoes and have used them almost daily with my road bike for the past year. They have worn well. They run slightly small. I'd say for most people step up one half size. If they turn out to be a little large wear a heavy sock.

Purchased At:   Scheel's Omaha

Similar Products Used:   Sette mountain bike shoes

Bike Setup:   Triace road bike
Giant MTN bike

Submitted by JonCross

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2012

Strengths:    The buckles are great, and the two insoles for hot and cold days (included).

Weaknesses:    The sizing, although I managed to nail my size on the first try.

Bottom Line:
Love these shoes. They look fast, and perform excellent. I picked them up on line at over half the Retail Cost, and feel like a thief. These were an upgrade from a cheap pair, and I would suggest these to anyone looking for a first pair of cycling shoes or a great, go to pair for normal riding. They do run a little small, so size up. Mine were about a half size over normal, but others indicated it may run as much as a full size larger.