Northwave Devine S.B.S. Womens Shoes

In the case of Northwave Typhoon SBS Cycling Shoes, what they aren't is almost as important as what they are. First, what they aren't: scaled-down men's shoes decorated with flowers and pretty colors, or an afterthought designed to capture more market share. Northwave built the Women's Typhoon around a women-specific last to ensure proper fit and optimal performance for the serious female cyclist. The carbon fiber soleplate is much lighter than other, less costly sole materials. It also allows Northwave to reduce sole thickness for direct power transfer from your foot to the pedal. The Ultra Y heel counter envelops the heel and holds it firmly to eliminate heel lift. The SBS (Step By Step) ratcheting system provides stable closure that won't come undone or loosen up while you ride. It allows you to dial in a precise fit so you can maximize pedaling efficiency without having to deal with hot spots and blisters.Overheating is a dead issue with Northwave's advanced Airflow ventilation system. Large mesh vents on the sides work with the lower vent channels to keep a constant supply of fresh air moving through the shoe. The ventilated Performance Pro footbed with lightweight anatomical arch support allows air to flow all around your foot during a ride, and the breathable microfiber upper lets your foot regulate its temperature naturally. Northwave Typhoon SBS Women's Shoes come in White/black/gold. They are available in whole sizes 36 to 48 and half sizes 39.5 to 42.5.

Submitted by Kathy a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2012

Strengths:    Breathable with front and top vents, very wide toe box for wide feet

Weaknesses:    None, other than not being the prettiest shoe on the market, but it is still decent looking

Bottom Line:
I am a petite female with exceptionally wide feet and have struggled to find a shoe that is small enough but wide enough for me. I have bought various Shimanos, Sidis, you name it, but either I've had to live with shoes that are too long which compromise my ability to pull upward, or have shoes that are the right length, but my feet go numb after an hour.

Because I'm a size 6.5, I haven't been able to find many men's shoes in my size, except Shimanos but the men's Shimano Size 38 is too long for me, and the 37 is too tight. But when I have bought women's sizes, they have all been slightly narrower in the toe box, which means I get the numb foot syndrome.

But these shoes are absolutely perfect, very wide in the toe box and I have never had to suffer numb feet or had shoes that were too long again. I completely love them. To add to that, I got them at a discount so they were fantastic value.

Having shoes that fit has greatly increased my enjoyment when cycling as I am not constantly focusing on the discomfort in my feet anymore.