Performance CAT-1 Stelvio @ Performance Shoes

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

I purchased the CAT-1 Stelvio shoe at Performance. I wanted a shoe that accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats. I took amy usual 42 mile ride yesterday and was favorably impressed. It has a very stiff Carbon Fiber sole that eliminated the hot spot on the balls of my feet. The bike also felt more responsive during acceleration and climbing.

They have more room than the Shimano shoes of the same size, I have wider feet, and these fit a little better than Shimanos. The micro buckle is a unusual feature at this price point.

A good value at $100.

Submitted by kbert83 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 20, 2010

Strengths:    Wider toe box. Micro adjust strap. Very comfortable. SPD and Look style cleats accepted.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
So far so good. Much more comfortable than my same size Shimanos. Carbon transfers power nicely.

Favorite Ride:   40mile rolling hills

Purchased At:   Performance

Similar Products Used:   Shimano

Bike Setup:   Tommaso Team Carbon. Winwood Fanatacist full carbon fork. Tiagra/105/Ultegra mix. Bontrager triple. Mavic CXP22 wheels.

Submitted by barrettscv a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2009

Strengths:    Stiff Carbon Fiber sole, Accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats, Micro buckle

Weaknesses:    color

Bottom Line:
I purchased the CAT-1 Stelvio shoe at Performance. I wanted a shoe that accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats. I took amy usual 42 mile ride yesterday and was favorably impressed. It has a very stiff sole that eliminated the hot spot on the balls of my feet. The bike also felt more responsive during acceleration and climbing.

They have more room than the Shimano shoes of the same size, I have wider feet, and these fit me a little better than Shimanos. The micro buckle is an unusual feature at this price.

A good value at $100.