Shimano SH-MT41G Shoes

• EVA midsole with dual compound rubber sole
  • Secure hook & loop and lace cliosure
  • Recessed cleat design allows for easier walking
  • Easily removable sole plate makes cleat installation simple

Submitted by Shield39 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2009

Strengths:    Nice quality, velcro strap, ventilated, easy to walk in, comfy. Great for recreational riding even over longer distances.

Weaknesses:    Lose some efficiency compared to a fully molded shoe, a bit heavy. Not for competitive riding.

Bottom Line:
I picked a pair of these up to use with my Giant FCR3 hybrid bike. I am quite happy with them. They were a bit more expensive than some of the other models I was looking at but none of the shops in my town had the cheaper options in my size. In the end I'm glad I paid a little more since these have the velcro strap which I find quite useful. Makes for a quick tightening if you realize they're a little loose and keeps the laces out of the way. I have around 300 miles in these so far and they've always been comfortable. I'm sure they have more wiggle room than a molded road shoe but since I don't have any experience with those, I don't miss the greater efficiency. These are reasonably well ventilated. My longest ride so far has been 62 miles but my feet were the least of my problems.

Favorite Ride:   40+ miles