Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

• Molded plastic heel cup
  • Recessed cleats

Submitted by injunruss a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2008

Strengths:    Sidi quality in fit. Euro quality looks extra grippy soles

Weaknesses:    could be stiffer soles, but for the price I paid, I have no single right to complain.

Bottom Line:
3 strap, competition sole, silver and black with some mesh. good looking shoe. easily mounted both the cleats (time ATAC XS) and toe studs

Favorite Ride:   Rocky Ridge - cyclocross loop

Purchased At:   ediscountbike.com

Similar Products Used:   Sidi Dominator 4
Louis Garneau Montana XL

Bike Setup:   Kona Major Major w/ Ritchey Cross Carbon fork, Campy Chorus shifters and derailleurs, Token compact cross style carbon crankset, Tektro Oryx brakeset, Time ATAC XS pedals, Token carbon post and Token saddle, Neuvation M28 wheels with Michelin Mud 2 tires.

Submitted by desmobob a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2005

Strengths:    Great fit-- Sizes offered to fit guys that previously couldn't find a bike shoe. Nicely ventilated. Comfortable. Quality appears excellent; time will tell.... Styling is right on the money for me; racy without looking ridiculous.

Weaknesses:    None found as yet....
Price is a little steep; otherwise I would have given a "5" in both rating categories.

Bottom Line:
I was worried I'd never find a bike shoe to fit my big, wide feet (I wear size 15EEEE in New Balance brand athletic shoes). The "Mega" version of the Sidi Bullet in Euro size 50 fits me perfectly!

The shoes are good looking and comfortable. I mounted an SPD cleat to use them with my cheap Shimano M424 pedals -- my first clipless pedals.

Favorite Ride:   any upstate NY or VT ride