Home | Reviews | Shoes | Sidi

Sidi Wire Vent Carbon Shoes

Sidi Wire Vent Carbon White Vernice: The NEW Wire is 100% pure performance with zero compromise, SIDI?s latest go-to shoe for WorldTour athletes and pros everywhere. Wire features an ALL NEW Tecno 3 closure system...

Submitted by DrSmile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2013

Strengths:    Excellent fit, amazing amount of adjust-ability, very light, great looks

Weaknesses:    Prohibitively expensive, the neon colors fade too fast, get marked up easily. They're fairly narrow and small for the listed size like all Sidis

Bottom Line:
I have these and the Carbon 5s. The Carbon 5 fits like a shoe, the Wire fits like a sock. The wire closure system works extremely well. I love the vented sole on hot days and the adjustable heel feature is just awesome. I wish they had the adjustable heel on their lower models, it really helps put power in the upstroke. The ones I got are neon yellow, and the yellow finish is very hard to keep looking new. I probably should have gone with black. If these didn't cost a fortune everyone would ride them.

Submitted by Typetwelve

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    Extremely comfortable and fit like a glove...if they fit you properly. The finish is also superb.

Weaknesses:    Fit, either Sidi tends to fit you or it doesn't. The shoes runs strange concerning size. Stock sole insets stink. Finding a local retailer is also a pain. Then there's the price...yikes, get them on sale if you can.

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 2012 "cannondale" edition shoe.

After having "lower tier" shoes for years, I looked long and hard at finally getting a really good set of cycling shoes. After comparing these to Specialized's S-Works shoe, I felt the Sidi offered better value for the $$ and seemed better built.

I do not have a loacal seller so I was forced to take shots in the dark size wise. I was able to find a seller with free return shipping and went back and forth until I found the right size (45.5). Wearing an 11 athletic shoe, I wasn't sure where to look. Like many say, they run narrow...but my feet are rather narrow. I do have flat feet though and saddle, the stock insert is worthless (I use Specialized BG inserts, they're great). After all was said and done, I went with a slightly oversized shoe to give me more room in the toebox as well as a bit of "swelling room" for long summer rides. A 45 would have probably fit perfectly...but you don't want that.

The wire system assures a darn near completely customization tension, you can easily adjust them as your feet swell during a long ride. The carbon sole is rock hard, at no time have I ever felt my SPD-SL clear through the flexing sole as I have with other shoes. Although Sidi claims there is no break in...there is. The material, which is extremely stiff at first, has softened up quite a bit and I haven't had a chance to really do a long ride in these yet.

As stated above, the finish is also superb...they truly are beautiful shoe (although not as beautiful as the S-works).

I got mine on clearance for well under retail (far less than the S-Works even), I would not buy them at full price, I believe they are not a great value at full retail.

Sidi Wire carbon vent @ all4cycling.com

Hi, was looking around for the new Sidis after trying them on at a local shop. (Mack Cycle in Miami) and saw that all4cycling has them for ~301 shipped to the US. Does anyone have any experience with them?Read More »