Specialized 04 Comp Road Shoe Shoes

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Performance road shoe with Body Geometry fit system. Three-strap closure, synthetic leather and mesh upper. Lightweight walkable blown rubber heel. SPD, SPD-R and Look compatible.

Submitted by davekerryslater a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2005

Strengths:    Fit, price , comfort

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Price £50 - $95 approx

I tried these on in the shop and thought they where more like slippers than cycling shoes - mine do not have the carbon sole so not sure if it is the same shoe.

I got these in mid 05 so being an 04 she they where cheep, I must say I am disappointed that they are no longer made.
My main problem is I have bunions and most shoes have a lot of plastic/stitching in that area – this causes me great pain and I normally end up cutting the shoe so I can ride relatively pain free. This shoe has the fabric mesh just where I need it – ahhh heaven.

Just did a hilly 50 miler to test them out and they are just so comfortable. I would not say they are an out and out racing shoe but for long training runs they are a goods shoe.

Favorite Ride:   Big and Hilly

Purchased At:   Bike Shack

Similar Products Used:   Various Shimano, Diadora ironheart

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR Carbon, Dura Ace / Ultegra Mix, Ksyriums SSL

Submitted by ravencaws a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2004

Strengths:    Great Price, Great Comfort, Great Fit, Super Stiff

Bottom Line:
These shoes are really great. I am totally impressed wtith the fit, comfort, and performance!

Favorite Ride:   Jamboni Loop - Grizzly Peak

Purchased At:   Castro Valley Cycler

Similar Products Used:   Sidi

Bike Setup:   Veritas Carbon Frame and Fork - Dura Ace

Submitted by HoustonBiker a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2004

Strengths:    Low cost for carbon sole. Nice fit and lite.

Weaknesses:    Straps curled a little bit on ends. Hey im streaching here.

Bottom Line:
I just purchased these shoes on line a few weeks back because I needed a good shoe at a nice price for the MS150 to Austin. Sidi's were out of my price range but found these Carbon's for a steal. The Fact system really works and these shoes feel great. Nice and still "Carbon", light and Very nice price. I just put these shoes to the test two days of riding and no problems at all the felt great in the Hills and we pulled some fast lines the first day. If you want Carbon and can do with out the ratchet system you will like this shoe. The only down side is that you have to get used to the tunge at first it fits like a sock, but even that became a bonus it doesnt move just fits nice a snug. You think I like these shoes so far?. Once again these are the new Carbon Comp shoes not the standard ones.

Favorite Ride:   Hills and good farm roads

Purchased At:   Specialized.com

Similar Products Used:   North Wave, Sidi.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale R600,
Ultegra FD, 105 RD, Look pedals,Cont GP 3000 Tires,Sella original Gel Saddle. Going to buy new rims stock rims are kinda heavy.