Specialized 05 Sport Road Shoe Shoes

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

All of the performance of our high-end road shoes in a more affordable format for the sport rider.

Submitted by Ian a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2006

Strengths:    Body geometry feature! Price.

Weaknesses:    The sole is plastic, not too strong! Will definitly go with carbon fiber next. The three straps work great but on my next shoe I want to try a different latching system.

Bottom Line:
Ended up spending a little more on my bike, so I had to bargain shop for the shoes. Was looking at a pair of Sidi's until local bike shop salesman told me to try out Specialized, glad I did! The body geometry feature feels great, have not had any cramps or hot spots at all. Look forward to buying my next shoe from Specialized.

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Trek 5200 shimano cleats

Submitted by tomasstom a Commuter

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable
No blisters
Well Ventelated
color

Weaknesses:    I wish they had a NIKE swoosh on them

Bottom Line:
These are my first road shoes, but I am very picky in just shoes in general because I got flat feet with hyperflexive ankels. So far these shoes have been very comfortable and and times I dont even feel like I am wearing a shoe. I have not gotten any blisters or hotspots. I like the black shoe and it is well ventelated. The shoe gets cold now that it is winter but I am just going to get booties.

Favorite Ride:   trek 1000t

Purchased At:   whittier cyclery

Submitted by jsnk1975 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2006

Strengths:    See summary

Weaknesses:    Time will tell. Could be cold during winter months? (they are very well ventilated).

Bottom Line:
A great shoe for the money. I have the black Body geometry sport shoes (06 I think) and they are very comfortable and plenty stiff. For a while I paid no attention to the body geometry designs but this shoe has me sold. The bottom of the shoe is angled to allow a more natural pedaling position and more of your power is directed towards the pedal. Not to mention all of the other features of this shoe that help in preventing injuries, aches, pains, increased pedaling performance, etc. The result is a more fluid and natural feeling ride. I rode 50 and 100K's most weekends and I haven't got into racing yet (not on road bikes anyway) but these shoes are perfect for an enthusiast and would probably be great for all but the more serious racers.

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Sidi's.

Bike Setup:   Lemond Versailles