Specialized Comp Shoes

Two Velcro straps, full lacing, soft neoprene liner. SPD and LOOK compatible.

Submitted by 32spoke a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2003

Strengths:    None, Inexpensive maybe

Weaknesses:    Flex to much poor fit for duck feet.

Bottom Line:
Crap total crap, THe soles flex so bad you feel the ribs in the ball of your feet. I don't weigh but 165 and am not a stomping type rider. I spin and they still suck.

Similar Products Used:   Sidi, Shimano

Bike Setup:   Speedplay pedals on a Klein

Submitted by Jeffrey a Recreational Rider from TN

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2000

Strengths:    $14 -- can't beat the price. found these in the outlet bin in a box marked size 36, but they were 46! score! comfy, roomy, have held up well so far, no problems. contrary to popular opinion, i find specialized equipment and bikes to be quite well made and rider-oriented for my needs.

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
nice, roomy, comfy, and have taken moderate abuse very well. i got an excellent price, but they are worth (to me) up to around $60.

Purchased At:   local outlet store

Similar Products Used:   Shimano and Nike road cycling shoes, Nike mtb shoes

Bike Setup:   2000 specialized allez a1 sport, and others

Submitted by John a Road Racer from Atlanta, GA

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2000

Strengths:    Better than sneakers

Weaknesses:    Too heavy, I get hot spots on my feet on rides over 3 hours, finish is wearing poorly

Bottom Line:
I bought these shoes because they fit a little better than the too tight Diadora's I used to use. But, after longer term use I regret not spending an extra $50 for some better shoes. These are very heavy, and even though the sole seems very stiff, I get painful hotspots in the balls of my feet on longer rides. I'm shopping for something new

Favorite Ride:   country roads