Airborne Bib Shorts Team Shorts

Airborne Bib Shorts Team

Submitted by bipsychlist a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2003

Strengths:    price

Weaknesses:    whimpy fabric and really awful chamois

Bottom Line:
I need to amend my review of these shorts from last summer. The fabric elasticity has broken down quickly and the chamois has become a bulky, chaffing mess. I use these only for short rides (<20 miles)when my other shorts are dirty... and regret it every time I do.

Purchased At:   airbourne website

Similar Products Used:   see previous review

Submitted by bipsychlist a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2002

Strengths:    Great value at $35. Nice fit. Great chamois. Very comfortable shorts.Yellow trim around legs looks cool while riding making me feel faster(every little bit helps).

Weaknesses:    Becoming a flying Airbourne billboard

Bottom Line:
Nice fit and materials, especially for the price. Have used bibs for years and highly prefer them. Contrary to earlier reviewer, I have no problems answering the call of nature with these bibs. in fact, their low cut in front makes them a bit easier than others. The chamois is very thickly padded in the right spots. Design is similar to PI's PRT chamois. Feels too bulky off the bike, but is great on the ride. The foam padding appears to be compressing quickly, but this improves the fit. I'm not crazy about advertising for Airbourne while I ride (don't own their bike), but the value makes these bibs too good to pass up. Also, my kids think I look cool in the whole Airbourne outfit, and they don't usually think I look cool in anything, ever.

Favorite Ride:   well-paved backroads

Purchased At:   airbourne website

Similar Products Used:   Other bibs: Giordana, Vermarc, Aussie, Performance, Nashbar, Boule

Bike Setup:   Torelli ELOS with Chorus 8.