Home | Reviews | Shorts | Assos

Assos F1.13 Bibshort Shorts

3.97/5 (33 Reviews)

When in 1976 Toni Maier - Moussa founded ASSOS his prime objective was not to make money but to create the finest most comfortable functional innovative and durable cycling apparel possible. The kind that serious cyclists ...

Submitted by nate a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2008

Bottom Line:
I love the fabric and the fit. The chamois is a little thick for my preference, but still comfortable. Overall excellent and durable.

Similar Products Used:   PI, Vermarc, Nalini.

Submitted by tbear a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2008

Strengths:    Construction, fit, fabric.

Weaknesses:    Way too tight up front, not much room for your "stuff".

Bottom Line:
The fit and fabric are 5's, these are fantastic construction. The one downside, and causing me to sell them(I tried two sizes to make sure it wasn't me) - the front is incredibly uncomfortable on my, well, privates. The padding and fabric up front is so tight as to be painfull. The PI Aerosensor bibs are way more comfortable in that area, and are my #1 choice.

Favorite Ride:   Catalina Highway up Mt. Lemmon, Tucson, AZ

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi Aerosensor bibs

Bike Setup:   Felt F1C, Bontrager Carbons, full Campy Record carbon, Tufo elite tubs.

Submitted by PBM a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2008

Strengths:    Comfortable beyond belief. No longer get saddle sores.

Weaknesses:    Legs are a little short. They coulpe easily be a couple of inches longer.

Bottom Line:
These are by far the best shorts I have ever had.

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Hincampie, Biemme

Bike Setup:   2007 Litespeed Vortex, Dura-Ace, Ksyrium SL SSC wheels, thomson seat post, FSA bars and stem, Selle Italia saddle.

Submitted by vsimmons a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2008

Strengths:    Comfort, quality

Weaknesses:    pricey

Bottom Line:
People like to balance value with performance when rating shorts, which is reasonable. However, when it comes to shorts, its a little different because we're talking about your nuts. There are the best, most comfortable shorts I have ever used. Just buy them.

Favorite Ride:   Santiago

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Giordana Forma, Santelli

Bike Setup:   Orbea, Red, Tune

Submitted by wsdcpark a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2007

Strengths:    Fit, finish, looks and comfortable level.

Weaknesses:    Could use more padding on the front and bit pricy.

Bottom Line:
I find this shorts pretty comfortable, has a great fit and durable (if you take care of it).I tried all kinds of shorts over last 25 years of cycling and I think this is right up there as one of the most comfortable shorts for most people.
After all at this price it ought to be.
However, there is slight issue with me.
I believe things like shorts, saddle, handlebar and pedals are very personal.
For example,a very comfortable saddle for some may not be so comfy for others.
This shorts has a lot of padding on the back of the shorts but not enough on the front. This works great for anyone who has upright position on their bike but it doesn't work very well for hammerheads or TT riders who has very low position on the saddle. I happened to be a hammerhead and whenever I get very low I find this saddle doesn't have enough padding at the front where it sits on the nose part of the saddle although it's better than most of other shorts.
Most people won't believe I'm saying this but I find it to have too much padding on the rear.
One thing about durability.
Wash your shorts (and all other clothes) in a front loading washer and it will last much longer. The agitator in a normal washer is very rough on the clothes.

Favorite Ride:   Any roads without cars

Similar Products Used:   Pearl, Descente, Voler.....

Bike Setup:   Serotta Legend Ti DA