Home | Reviews | Shorts | Assos

4.5/5 (8 Reviews)

Assos Prosline Bib Shorts

Submitted by larryal9 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Strengths:    COMFORT!!!

Weaknesses:    Price

Bottom Line:
This review is for the FI.Uno bib shorts. Most comfortable bibshorts that I've ever tried. Even better than Assos FI.Mille. I only wish they would last a little longer. Assos says that you can't have ultimate comfort without giving up some durability. Unfortunately this appears to be the case. However, after trying several other bib shorts, these are without a doubt, the best in terms of comfort.

Favorite Ride:   NC Mountains

Similar Products Used:   Nike, Castelli, Sugoi, Assos FI.Mille

Bike Setup:   Trek Madone

Submitted by ELB a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2008

Strengths:    Insert & compression

Weaknesses:    lycra longevity, short torso

Bottom Line:
Insert & lycra are very comfortable. Suspenders are too short for my torso, causes discomfort when I stand, ok for riding. Lycra balled up and wore out quicker than I expected.

Favorite Ride:   CO mountains

Purchased At:   western bike works

Similar Products Used:   many

Bike Setup:   Serotta w/campi

Submitted by badge118 a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort both in the seat and how it fits the body over all, also quality of the stitching and placement of seams

Weaknesses:    Price...ouch!

Bottom Line:
I didn't believe the hype till I tried them. My previous experience was with Giordana and Nalini, but the first time I put on the Assos' I felt the difference, I almost didn't want to take them off.

Purchased At:   Cycles BiKyle

Similar Products Used:   Giordana, Nalini

Submitted by David a Cross Country Rider

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2002

Strengths:    Fit, chamious, amazing comfort

Weaknesses:    pricey, but, worth every penny!!

Bottom Line:
I already own the Assos half short, which is amazing!!! This one is just as good!! The best shorts I have ever owned. I retired all my other in favor of these. I have a bad back, and the chamious in these is so good, I ride longer and with much less stess on my body. Just amazing.

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, and several other top Italian brands

Bike Setup:   LeMond full Ultegra, Bontrager wheels, look pedals, fizik saddle

Submitted by jayrange a Weekend Warrior from Washington, DC

Date Reviewed: July 17, 2002

Strengths:    Good fit for the insert and reasonably comfortable for the long haul.

Weaknesses:    Very expensive, material no more durable and perhaps less durable than less expensive shorts I own.

Bottom Line:
Good fit in seat but bib somewhat short for my upper torso. Synthetic insert was reasonably comfortable, but I prefer the insert in my Performance Elite Bibs. The fabric has not held up as well as some other shorts I own.

Purchased At:   Branford Bikes

Similar Products Used:   Performance Elite Bib, Pearl Iszumu, Giordano (with leather insert), Polo, and other models from Performance.

Bike Setup:   Litespeed Tuscany, Reynolds Ouzu Pro fork, Dura Ace, Mavic Open Pro Wheels and Speedplay Zeor Ti ped