Home | Reviews | Shorts | Assos

Assos T FI.Mille_S5 Bib Shorts

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• Store Price

The Assos tK.607 FI.Mille_S5 bib knicker is built with a combination of Roubaix and Roubaix Quantum Leap (RXQ) fabrics.

Submitted by Roy Bloomfield a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2010

Strengths:    fit, chamois

Bottom Line:
Amazing fit. The chamios is totally supportive. Very excellent for helping guys hide frontal "definition". I think the padding is just right, but I have a fairly hard saddle. I'm not sure how the other reviewer wore out the tops of his leg grippers. Sounds a bit suspicious to me. I had a bad fall recently (4 broken ribs/collapsed lung), and the on damge was a small bit of abrasion and a small hole (size of the head of a small nail), but I bounced with minimal sliding. Aside from the price, the only possible gripe I have is the front waste has very little support...I suppose that helps with breathing motion, though. And they never actually feel like they're falling down.

Submitted by Kiddiecar a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2009

Strengths:    Most comfortable shorts I've worn. Elastic around legs hold up leg warmers.

Weaknesses:    Wear out very fast. Not worth the big $$$.

Bottom Line:
I've had these shorts for about 14 months. They are the most comfortable shorts I've owned. I take very good care of them, but they have deteriorated. The elastic is gone on the top of each thigh (probably due to the sun). I tried the Assos cleanser (supposed to increase durability), but the perfume was too hard to handle. It took 3 washings and a week to air out the odor. I thought I was buying quality, but these shorts wear out more quickly than others.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere with hills, few cars, and good weather