Home | Reviews | Shorts | Assos

Assos T FI.Mille_S5 Bib Shorts

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

The Assos tK.607 FI.Mille_S5 bib knicker is built with a combination of Roubaix and Roubaix Quantum Leap (RXQ) fabrics.

Submitted by john a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2015

Strengths:    Pad reaches high in front for good "personals" coverage. Pad handles/wicks sweat very well- just doesn't seem to get wet.

Weaknesses:    Leg grippers are too loose and slide up the thigh. I am 6'1", 170 and size legs somewhere between Tejay and Sagan so no skinny legs here. No silicon on grippers which is OK but bands are not wide enough to hold them in place. Fabric is very thin. This may be nice if you are in very hot weather but the shorts are really just a placeholder for the pad. They offer no support or compression. The pad is comfortable but does not reach far enough on the sides. You have to find the sweet spot on the saddle and stay there. If you move around you're off the pads comfort zone.

Bottom Line:
Just OK. Not worth the high price. I had used Assos for many years then they became just too expensive. Wearing Capo for the past 5 years. First the Capo Special Edition and now the Padrone. Capo wraps and hugs the thighs and crouch just right. The pad is thinner than Assos but extends for better coverage particularly at the side where the thigh meets saddle.

Purchased At:   Assos outlet

Similar Products Used:   Capo SE, Padrone

Bike Setup:   Time Worldteam VXLS, Sella Italia SLR carbon saddle

Submitted by Roy Bloomfield a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2010

Strengths:    fit, chamois

Bottom Line:
Amazing fit. The chamios is totally supportive. Very excellent for helping guys hide frontal "definition". I think the padding is just right, but I have a fairly hard saddle. I'm not sure how the other reviewer wore out the tops of his leg grippers. Sounds a bit suspicious to me. I had a bad fall recently (4 broken ribs/collapsed lung), and the on damge was a small bit of abrasion and a small hole (size of the head of a small nail), but I bounced with minimal sliding. Aside from the price, the only possible gripe I have is the front waste has very little support...I suppose that helps with breathing motion, though. And they never actually feel like they're falling down.

Submitted by Kiddiecar a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2009

Strengths:    Most comfortable shorts I've worn. Elastic around legs hold up leg warmers.

Weaknesses:    Wear out very fast. Not worth the big $$$.

Bottom Line:
I've had these shorts for about 14 months. They are the most comfortable shorts I've owned. I take very good care of them, but they have deteriorated. The elastic is gone on the top of each thigh (probably due to the sun). I tried the Assos cleanser (supposed to increase durability), but the perfume was too hard to handle. It took 3 washings and a week to air out the odor. I thought I was buying quality, but these shorts wear out more quickly than others.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere with hills, few cars, and good weather