Home | Reviews | Shorts | Boure

Boure Elite Thermo Bib Tights Shorts

Our bib top tights deliver unbelievable riding comfort. Stirrup foot keeps tights in shoes/booties and combine with our bib top to give you a secure, supportive fit. Moisture-transferring warm, brushed lycra® bib straps are an extra 2-1/2" wide to eliminate pinching or slipping, and are cut high in back and low in front to form a cozy fit. High cut waist to keep heat in and drafts out. ENHANCED 8-PANEL and ARTICULATED HIPS AND KNEES provide unequaled fit and comfort in a thermal bib tight. Made of our ThermoRoubaix Teflon HPR fleece lycra for great fit and warmth. Made to be worn over a pair of shorts. ThermoRoubaix Teflon HPR is a thermal-weight polyester/nylon/lycra blend that is made from DuPont's Thermolite® for excellent comfort control, and is treated with Teflon High-Tech Fabric Protector® to resist road and trail grime.

Submitted by Stevemtbr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2008

Strengths:    Good fit, comfortable, warmth

Bottom Line:
I bought these on sale for the web site and have not been disappointed. Last nights ride home it was in the mid 20's by the end of the ride and I was still warm. I'm 5'10" at 190lbs and larges fit me just fine. These are my first bib tights and I should of bought some many years ago.

Favorite Ride:   Betz Rd

Purchased At:   Manufacter Web site

Similar Products Used:   Bellwether and REI brands

Bike Setup:   Specialized Allez Steel with 105/Ultegra set up.

Submitted by ornithanque a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2008

Strengths:    Quality material and seaming, warm, perfect fit, good price, custom made, free shipping

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I am 6'4" and not much fits me from the cycling world. After many a search for Winter bib tights, I stumbled upon Bouré Sportswear. They had what looked like a good product at a very good price (compared to the big name brands). When I looked at the sizing, however, I figured it was going to be another case of compromise. The website said to call and talk to them though. So I did.

I talked to Wade, who was surprised to hear that, although tall, I have no hips. He said I should buy a pair that fit my hips and they would send them out (no shipping charge) so that I could inspect them and try them on for general fit (knowing they would be too short.) So I ordered the medium. The hips fit, the length didn't (no surprise), but the thighs were too tight. I didn't think they could do anything about the thighs and I was prepared to live with it if I could just have the right length. But, when I sent them the email, they said to send them back and they would go to work on a custom pair.

I spent the money for shipping them back and they got to work right away and had an extra long, large thigh, medium waist pair of bib tights made and sent out in 5 days. The custom work cost about 25% extra and again they sent them out free shipping. I am extremely happy with the tights and the company. They have high quality and a fair price and very fast service. I will definitely buy from them again.

(note: my price was a sale price of $120 plus custom up charge of 25%)

Favorite Ride:   Ride 542

Purchased At:   manufacturer

Similar Products Used:   Bellweather extra-long windstopper pants, cycling rain paints, extra long REI long underwear (with the fly pooching open)

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Capo Singlespeed Road Bike.