Castelli Cronos bib shorts Shorts

2.67/5 (3 Reviews)

The Cronos features a refined 8- panel construction for a perfect anatomical fit in the racing position. There’s an aerodynamic trip strip on the lateral side to break airflow and a Giro+ silicone leg gripper to provide maximum circulation. Last but not least, is our multi-density AC seat pad with NASA cooling technology. Your race times and temperature-controlled private parts will thank you.

Action fabric with Prosecco treatment
AC seat pad
Anatomical 8-panel cut
Trip strip on side panel for BLC aerodynamics
Buco straps eliminate fabric bunching
Flat-lock stitching
Giro+ injection molded silicon leg gripper

Submitted by aaron a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2009

Strengths:    comfort, longevity, good fit

Weaknesses:    if you're a rider who needs lots of padding, find something else. I'm still not sold on the silicone; but also don't believe the assos style gripper is much better.

Bottom Line:
These are nice, comfortable shorts - the first shorts I returned to Castelli and quickly say how nice they are to work with on defective items - they sent me new bibs immediately. I'm still not sure that the bike shop hadn't received these as returns because the first set seemed to have some wear that hasn't occurred on my new shorts.
It also helps to get the assos padding creme and refresh it after each wash - it keeps the pad quite comfortable

Purchased At:   Redmond cycle

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, Santorini

Bike Setup:   Lemond Buenos Aires, fizik saddle.

Submitted by Joe a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2008

Strengths:    very comfortable

Weaknesses:    The AC pad comes apart from the short.

Bottom Line:
I have multiple pairs of the crono and free bibshorts and they are very comfortable when they don't fall apart. Castelli replaced one pair but won't on the others. The AC pad comes apart from the short (In all pairs).

Favorite Ride:   Local

Purchased At:   on-line

Submitted by rlupien a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2008

Strengths:    Breathable,Good Padding, Shoulder straps stay put

Weaknesses:    Shorts have separated at the AC seat pad heat seal to the actual short (on both pair that I purchased.

Bottom Line:
Thus far I have found these bibs to be comfortable and functional. The Split shoulder strap seems to help keep the strap in place. The leg is a bit shorter than I’m used to but that’s not an issue for me. One issue of concern is that the AC pad on both pair of shorts that I purchased has separated at the heat seal to the short body. I have no more than 4 rides in the range of 30-50 miles on each pair of these. I machine wash and air dry all my riding cloths and I treat all my chamois’ with Assos cream. So, the separation is a big disappointment. Both pair of bibs failed at the same point and location (left side). I’m working with the company that I made the purchase from. At $149.99 a pair, I’m hoping they will replace these defective items. And, I hope this is an isolated incident. I'll post an update when I have an outcome.

Favorite Ride:   All

Purchased At:   bicyclinghub.com

Similar Products Used:   First venture into bibs. I have used Castelli shorts for many years though.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale Cappo configured as fixed.