Pearl Izumi Elite In-R-Cool Bib Shorts

Pearl Izumi Elite In-R-Cool Bib Short: Our top selling men's ELITE Bib Short has been further enchanced with In-R-Cool technology, taking this classic style to a new level in technology, performance, and value...

Submitted by Chainstay a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2014

Strengths:    Great chamois, nice feel to fabric, good support to leg muscles, good cooling

Weaknesses:    Too short in leg. Ride up my leg

Bottom Line:
The first pair I had were excellent, my favourite shorts, but PI changed the design. They shortened the leg and shortened the zone of compression fabric at the bottom of the leg. The new shorts ride up exposing about 1.5 inches of tan line. I no longer get the compression support on the lower leg where I want it. Fabric bunches up my leg towards my crotch. I have short thighs so these would be even worse for a long shanked cyclist. Why did they wreck a good short?

Similar Products Used:   Sugoi RS, Rapha, Louis Garneau

Bike Setup:   Road bike

Submitted by Sam Renkin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2012

Strengths:    Fit - not too loose, not too tight
Leg grippers stay put
Fabric breathes well
Good quality for the $$

Weaknesses:    None at this time.

Bottom Line:
I'm a fan of Pearl Izumi apparel, the quality is always good. I have PI gloves, arm warmers, tights and thermal jackets. Having said that, I've had issues with proper fit for their cycling shorts before. I'm 5'10" 170lbs which is a Medium on their size chart. Medium PI shorts are usually too big on me - they're too long in length and too loose for my taste (I prefer a more compressive fit, but the Small is too small). When I started shopping for bibs, I read really strong reviews of the chamois in these bibs so I decided to give them a try. Found them on sale for $99 and I'm pleased to report that the sizing is spot-on (fits like a glove) and the chamois is one of the best I've ridden on. I got the black/white version, and I'm impressed. Well done, PI!

Favorite Ride:   Roswell Area