Pearl Izumi Elite In-R-Cool Bib Shorts

Pearl Izumi Elite In-R-Cool Bib Short: Our top selling men's ELITE Bib Short has been further enchanced with In-R-Cool technology, taking this classic style to a new level in technology, performance, and value...

Submitted by Sam Renkin a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2012

Strengths:    Fit - not too loose, not too tight
Leg grippers stay put
Fabric breathes well
Good quality for the $$

Weaknesses:    None at this time.

Bottom Line:
I'm a fan of Pearl Izumi apparel, the quality is always good. I have PI gloves, arm warmers, tights and thermal jackets. Having said that, I've had issues with proper fit for their cycling shorts before. I'm 5'10" 170lbs which is a Medium on their size chart. Medium PI shorts are usually too big on me - they're too long in length and too loose for my taste (I prefer a more compressive fit, but the Small is too small). When I started shopping for bibs, I read really strong reviews of the chamois in these bibs so I decided to give them a try. Found them on sale for $99 and I'm pleased to report that the sizing is spot-on (fits like a glove) and the chamois is one of the best I've ridden on. I got the black/white version, and I'm impressed. Well done, PI!

Favorite Ride:   Roswell Area