Pearl Izumi Quest Shorts

Pearl Izumi Quest Shorts enable washed-up, underpaid Seattle bike messengers to execute rush-filings faster than a drug-induced endorphin-buzz.

Submitted by Bob Taylor a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2007

Strengths:    nice lycra, chamios, okay but seem over padded.

Weaknesses:    Makes the boys feel like they're being constricted by a Python!

Bottom Line:
I like most of my PI stuff so I grabbed these shorts..may be just me..I'm 5'7" 153 lbs and a 32 waist and I grabbed a medium. Probably wrong choice because these babies make my boys feel like they're in a vice and totally cuts off all my circulation in my package. Felt okay at try on but when riding just don't work! Do all PI shorts stay loose around the thigh Grabbers? The bottom inch of these are lose...figured that's the style?

Favorite Ride:   anything other than Chip Seal which dominates my area :-(

Bike Setup:   Fezzari - upgrade to Ultegra cassette, derailers, put on Neuvation Aero's and carbon seatpost.

Submitted by bluemound51 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2006

Strengths:    Good fit, nice chamois, great price

Weaknesses:    Lacks the snob appeal of three figure priced shorts but I've ridden a double in them with no irritation.

Bottom Line:
I found these in a sale bin at a local Performance retail shop. The $36.00 price looked good for a pair of PI shorts. It turns out they have just as good a chamois as my Attacks which were $69.00 and stay put better. Don't know how long they'll last but the quality appears to be equal to higher priced shorts and I enjoy wearing them. In an age where good shorts usually start at $80.00 (what a crock, right?), I've got no complaints....so far.

Favorite Ride:   Oh hell, just ride!

Purchased At:   Performance