Santini CX Bib Shorts Shorts

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Incredible comfort and style at a very affordable price. Santini CX Lycra is some of the most durable Lycra on the Market. These are some of our most comfortable bib shorts on the market. Comes in four colors. The CX Lycra is 20% Lycra, 80% Polyamide fabric. Santini's Professional Antibacterial CoolMax chamois. High Quality Made in Italy
Available in 5 colors

Submitted by papafrog a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2006

Strengths:    Comfortable, nice chamois, stitching not a factor.

Weaknesses:    None really but look out for your size. I'm 5'10 and 144 and I take a large in these where normally I would wear a medium.

Bottom Line:
I have maybe 8 or 9 bib shorts ranging from high end Castellis to Giordana to Lemond to a few different styles of Santinis including 2 of the CX bib shorts. I would not hesitate to grab these out of my draw for any length ride, they are that comfortable. The chamois is comfortable and I have never had any problems with chafing or stitching rubbing against my skin with these. They are truly a great value and if you are looking for a cheap, comfortable bib short look no further.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Purchased At:   bicyclinghub.com

Similar Products Used:   Castelli ypro3, Giordana, Lemond, Santini twist gel.

Bike Setup:   Trek Madone 5.9
Giant TCR

Submitted by Eric_H a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2005

Strengths:    Price, comfortable chamois, available in colors.

Weaknesses:    Stithcing/durability is suspect, sizing is specific.

Bottom Line:
Overall, the Santini CX bib shorts are a decent value. The Top Pro chamois is quite comfortable and the lycra is supportive and reasonably comfortable considering this is a 6-panel no-frills bib short.

My complaints about this short are in durability and sizing. In terms of durability, they have a lot of loose threads and on one pair the seams at the elastic leg grippers has let go. I am not abusive with my clothing, and I always wash in cold water on gentle cycle and hang to dry. Also, I find the lycra has become less supportive over time and I have experienced chafing a couple of times as the shorts have aged.

My other complaint is the sizing, or the cut. I wear the Large(4) and I am 6' and 165ish. I find them quite snug in the thighs, but the bibs uppers are somewhat loose. The bibs actually slide down my shoulders, they are that loose. I could probably go up to XL(5), but then the bib uppers would be virtually useless. These shorts are definitely cut for a longish torso and thin legs.

I'll give them a 4 overall, but these are more like a 3.5 to me :).

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Baker

Purchased At:   bicyclinghub.com

Similar Products Used:   Louis Garneau, Sugoi, Giordana

Bike Setup:   Multiple, used with Aliante, SLR and Flite saddles.

Submitted by RockiesRider a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2005

Strengths:    Great construction, long lasting. comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Sizing is inconsistent with U.S. manufacturers and most other European manufacturers.

Bottom Line:
These are great shorts. They are very high quality and have held up better than any other short I have owned (which is alot). The chamois is comfortable and doesn't bulk up and has padding in just the right places.

The material used to construct the short is a little heavier than most shorts and works great when the temps are less than ideal. I haven't used them in hot and humid regions so I can't say if they would get too warm (although I doubt it).

My only complaint, is the sizing. I normally wear a medium (or size 4 Euro), and sometimes a large, depending on the brand, but I am using an XL in the Santini's, which is still a little small. When I buy another pair, I will have to get XXL (which seems strange for someone who is 6-0 and 160 pounds). So if you are considering a pair, you may want to consider getting a size bigger than your normal size. For the money, these are great shorts, but because of the sizing (or lack of a recommendation), I'm going to ding Santini one chili.

Purchased At:   Web

Similar Products Used:   Pearls, Castelli, Louis Garneau, Verge, Descente

Submitted by asterisk a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2004

Strengths:    No more butt crack worries! The pad stays in place and keeps you comfortable.

Weaknesses:    Pad sometimes feels a bit thick when new but you get used to it.

The shoulder straps roll up now and then, you have to stop and adjust them.

Bottom Line:
After using just mtb shorts (Fox, Zoic, etc) I bought a pair of these Santini bibs online during a sale a couple years ago. WOW! Huge difference! The pad is great for long distances with a bit of Chamois butt'r. I now own four pair and they have held up great.

Great value compared to more expensive bibs/shorts from other big names.

Favorite Ride:   A sunny one...

Purchased At:   online retailer

Bike Setup:   Lemond, 105, etc.

Submitted by lemurboy11 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2004

Strengths:    chamois..very comfortable

Weaknesses:    hard to find where i am

Bottom Line:
Great pair of bibs. very comfortable. first time i wore them was on a 100 mile ride. i guess it was a gamble but they were awsome. im sold on these. it had all the right padding in the right places.

Favorite Ride:   davisburg to lansing