Home | Reviews | Socks | Assos

Assos Thermic Socks

The Thermic Socks are designed for comfort over a wide range of temperatures with a unique and highly technical construction. Roubaix (RX) fabric is the same advanced material used in Assos arm and legwarmers, offering warmth and efficient moisture management with a fleece-like feel against the skin. Mid-length cuff. Black.

Submitted by vladvm a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2011

Strengths:    good fit

Weaknesses:    i got cold feet after 30min. ride outside in -8C weather. I will stick with my dual wool socks combination which allows me to ride 1hr. in -15C weather.

Bottom Line:
these are not as warm as I thought they should be. I used to wear two socks, thin wool inside and thicker wool on the outside, and cover my shoes with booties and I was able to ride for 1 hour in -15C weather. i tried the assos thermic socks to replace the inner wool socks, wore thick wool on the outside, with booties to cover the shoes but after 30min. I could feel my feet getting cold in -8C. I'm very disappointed. I'm going back to wool socks.

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   wool socks.

Submitted by kevin32 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2010

Strengths:    High quality, comfortable, warmer.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I've been looking for something extra over the past winter to try and extend my winter riding time and I've found these socks to be the trick. Previously, I;ve generally used wool socks with neoprene booties, but after about 1 hour of riding in 20-30 degree weather (F), my feet would be start to get pretty numb by the end of the ride.

I tried these out over the last several months with booties as well and all I can say is that after 1 hour, my feet where still very comfortable. It took about 1.5-2 hours before I could start to feel my feet going numb, so there was definitely an improvement over Assos wool socks.

I feel that $35 for an extra hour of riding time was definitely worth the price.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Assos and Specialized cycling specific wool socks.

Submitted by George a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2007

Strengths:    Very nice patterning on bottom heel of left sock.

Weaknesses:    A bit on the cheap side for me...only $43....

Bottom Line:
The socks were amazing...I will never ever trade them for anything I have ever had!! They will be with me...forever...