Assos LL 607 S5 Bib Tights/Pants

If you ride in the coldest and nastiest weather imaginable, the Assos LL.fugu S5 bib tights were made for you. Forget the heavy base layer because these bibs offer a warm RXQ fleece lined torso, with a full-length zipper.

Submitted by Eric_H a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2012

Strengths:    Fit, chamois, versatility.

Weaknesses:    For the LL 607, follow the size chart. For the LL 716 or LL Winter consider sizing up if on the upper edge of a size.

Bottom Line:
I know people like to rip on Assos for the ridiculously high pricing, but in my 20 years of racing and riding I have come to the conclusion that for bottoms, Assos cannot be beat for fit, comfort, and value. The products are very well engineered and constructed and in general will outlast other products thereby reducing the overall cost. **IME**

The LL 607 S5 bib tights are sublime. I never ever think about them when riding, and when I wear other high quality bib tights I now wish I was in the Assos. They are versatile for temperatures of about 4 Celsius to 14 Celsius, depending on layering on the upper body. The Mille S5 pad is a little bulky but conforms well to the body. The fit is snug, I am 6' tall, 33.5" waist, 170 lbs and wear the size L. The uppers are pretty tight, Assos says this size can handle a 36" waist but I am doubtful. For me on the bike the fit is PERFECTION, but off the bike the bibs pull on my shoulders a bit. But hey, we wear the stuff for on the bike performance right?? The LL 607 is stretchy enough to accommodate body variations, whereas the LL 716 and LL Winter, both with windblocker material, fit much more snugly. I could not wear size L in the Winter LL, had to go up to XL despite being in the size L chart.

Purchased At:   Westernbikeworks.com