Home | Reviews | Bar Tape | 3T

3T Limited Tape Bar Tape

The Limited Tape is the finishing touch you''ve been looking for to complete your ultimate road machine.

Submitted by sumadoggie

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2013

Strengths:    Really sharp looking. Very well made. Feels and looks like quality.

Weaknesses:    Because of its stiffness, it's not the easiest bar tape to finish with the electrical tape provided. I ended up getting the electrical tape to stick, but if it starts to peel I'll happily trash it for replacement from Lowes.

Bottom Line:
This is expensive bar tape. But it's very very well made. This appears to be a "you get what you pay for" scenario. I've only been on one ride with it, but my hands were firmly planted without any sense of wishy-washiness or vagueness. Just the opposite. The tape is solid and confidence inspiring. I'm not a huge fan of super soft tape. This provides plenty of vibration damping without any feeling of steering vagueness. It is certainly stiff and you need a firm hand to get it on nice and tight. Once it's on it looks fantastic. I got the white/red stitched variety. Very sharp.