Fizik Fizik Microtex bar gel tape Bar Tape

Match your Fizik saddle with this high quality Microtex bar tape. Microtex microfiber fabric is breathable and strong. The tape is comfortable yet offers excellent grip even when wet. Adhesive backing on the tape makes it simple to install and ensures the tape stays in place. Soft touch tape has a suede feel and appearance. Includes 2 rolls of tape bar end plugs and Fizik logo black finishing tape.

Submitted by de.abeja a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2008

Strengths:    -Matches my arione saddle.
-Comes in my favorite color, Black.
-Has worn well, through inclement weather and a few centuries.
-Gel pads are reusable with another tape if you end up hating it.
-Suede texture is easy on the hands.
-Color does not leach into wet hands/gloves.

Weaknesses:    Price- It is definitely not cheap compared to many other brands.
Adhesive backing is not forgiving on re-wrap adjustments.

Bottom Line:
I picked this stuff up after talking to a few friends who already use it. It was my first time wrapping a set of bars myself and didn't want to possibly rip cork tape.

I put it on a week before doing the MS150 to replace my old flattened cork. The gel gives the bar a little more girth which is great for me because I have bigger hands. As far as vibration dampning goes I have pretty much stopped wearing gloves for all but my longest ride. I like how the tape actually gets "stickier" as your hands sweat or if it rains.

Over the few months the tape has not shifted and has continued to look/feel very fresh. I would highly recommend this tape to anyone not set on using a natural material.

Favorite Ride:   My bike