3T Forgie XL 31.8 Handlebars

• Double Grooved
  • Double Butted

Submitted by mercierfils a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2006

Strengths:    stiff enough

Weaknesses:    bad hand positions everywhere; no cylindrical place to attach aerobars or computers

Bottom Line:
Uncomfortable and limited. No matter where I rotate the Forgie, the drops always have an angle where my hands are. When I try the tail ends, the flat part is so short that only half of my palm will fit - very insecure. The OS section is so short that accessories cannot be attached to the 31.8mm section beside the stem. Then there is a LONG slope to the 26mm section, then you're into the climbing hand position. Bar was stock for my bike.

Favorite Ride:   Cross Lake Loop

Similar Products Used:   modolo anatomic

Bike Setup:   2004 Cannondale R2000

Submitted by innergel a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2004

Strengths:    Stiff, not heavy, comfortable anotomic bend, not outrageously expensive like many of the carbon bars.

Weaknesses:    A tad bit pricey at the LBS full retail price, but can be had fairly cheaply online. They transmit a little more road buzz than the Icon's.

Bottom Line:
I got these bars to replace the Icon bars that came on my bike, and they are a LOT better than the Icons. The anotomic bend in the bars fits my hands perfectly. The bars are plenty stiff and not too heavy. It took me a long time to find a set of bars that fit my hands properly. I tried every bar on every bike in every LBS within 25 miles.

Favorite Ride:   on my bike