3T More Carbon Bar Handlebars

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by Brian a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2006

Strengths:    light

Weaknesses:    EXPENSIVE, broke in half

Bottom Line:
Junk! I rode a friend's bike with the MORE CARBON on it, and on the second ride, it snapped in half an inch from the stem (I am 175). No luck yet getting in touch with the manufacturer re: a possible warranty.

FLEXY: I have read reviews that this is "not for sprinters" - this bar is so flexy, that on the bike you can move it nearly an inch up and down at the ends.

Favorite Ride:   Skyline Drive

Purchased At:   Colorado Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   bontrager race light

Bike Setup:   look kx light, dura ace, ksyruims

Submitted by HOG-I a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2004

Strengths:    Ergo top and smaller size and vibration free.

Weaknesses:    Not sure worth list price but for a little less than half price on e-bay good buy.

Bottom Line:
Replaced 3T Forgie bar with the 3T More Carbon 42cm. Only have about 100mi on it so far but really smoothes out the chip seal roads I ride. The flat top of the bar alone makes the point for carbon. Smaller bar which is great for me as I have small hands. I'm not a sprinter so bar seems plenty stiff (42cm may help).

Favorite Ride:   Mesilla Valley, Las Cruces, NM

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   Many alloy bars.

Bike Setup:   2003 Lemond Zurich, Thompson Elite Post, Speed Play X-2s, 3T Less Stem, 3T More Bar, Fizik Airone Saddle.

Submitted by roadeeforlife a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2003

Strengths:    Very comfortable with the flat top bar. The drops fit great for small hands. Brings the Levers closer in.

Weaknesses:    Not as light as they announce and a little bit to flexy for sprinters.

Bottom Line:
Wasn't what I expected. Great for just simply riding. A little to flexy for me and not worth the price.

Favorite Ride:   With anyone I can drop!!

Purchased At:   Ebay