Bontrager Select Road Handlebars

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

• 26.0mm clamp diameter to fit traditional road stems
  • Custom butted 6061-T6 aluminum with ergo bend
  • Shot peened finish dramatically increases fatigue life of bars
  • Same dialed-in geiometry as our Race Lite bar at a more affordable price
  • Weight: 245-265 grams

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Wes a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2005

Strengths:    Durability, finish, relatively light, ergo shape works nice on the drops.

Weaknesses:    Weight weenies will say it's heavy, not carbon. For the rest of us it's just fine.

Bottom Line:
    As with most of the Bontrager Select line, this product is good quality, solid, and does the job. Stiffness is good, and durability has been good so far. Handlebars and stems are not neccessarily the best places to try to save weight, and while this product is not heavy by any means, there are lighter bars.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere not raining

Purchased At:   Bicycle Connection

Similar Products Used:   Modolo Q-Race, Profile

Bike Setup:   Trek 1500 with Look pedals, Cane Creek wheels and Vredestien tires.

Submitted by paulmyoung a Commuter from Neptune, NJ, USA

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2003

Strengths:    Light, strong (I'm a heavy, hard usage, rider), comfortable.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
    Finally after almost a decade, I had my Cannondale T700 fit to me. One of the suggestions the staff at Brielle Cycle had was a wider bar with a shorter reach. Once they made the other adjustments and installed the new handlebar, the bike seemed fit like it was custom made for me. A difference of just 2cm wider allows me to breath better and the ergo bend is great when riding on the drops.

Overall, a well made, reasonably light, and inexpensive, bar.

Favorite Ride:   Anything with bagels at the end.

Purchased At:   Brielle Cycle

Similar Products Used:   Original equipment, generic bar that came with the Cannondale.

Bike Setup:   Cannondale T700 touring bike. 700x28 tires, full fenders, lights--my daily commute bike that is also used on weekend club rides.

How do I select a Road Bike

I have a 2005 Trek 7100 Multitrack Hybrid $350.00 My friend has a 2007 Giant OCR2 Road Bike $900.00 We are both in about the same shape. When we ride I am always bringing up the rear by at least 5 minutes. I know if I want to keep up we should both be riding the same type bike. I wan ... Read More »