FSA K-Wing Carbon Handlebars

4.64/5 (39 Reviews)

FSA K-Wing Carbon Fiber 240 g. (44cm) 40,42, or 44cm on center 31.8mm FSA-LH-AB

Submitted by MaximumRPM a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2010

Strengths:    weight
vibration dampening
comfortable hand positions

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
My brother-in-law gave me the handlebars. I really didn't expect to be able to feel any real difference from the aluminum bars I had been using. Was I ever wrong! I could not believe how noticably comfortable these handlebars are. Flats on top fit my hands great and the vibration dampening on chip-seal roads was unbelievable. One 60 mile ride and I loved them.

Favorite Ride:   Petit Jean Casa Loop, Arkansas

Submitted by SROC3 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2009

Strengths:    - Great road dampening
- multiple hand positions
- better hands-in-drops positioning

Weaknesses:    - none if you shop smart and buy it on Ebay

Bottom Line:
i was at first very apprehensive about the purchase and was thinking of getting the compact version. These actually work great and give me a great position on my bars in the drops and stretch me out lengthwise, in terms of bike position) just enough. The position on the hoods is lower and the indentations around the bar allow for many hand positions. Its a bit wider than my original bar and in turn gives me more control which I like a lot :) The road dampening of the carbon is better than I expected. Since my bike has an Aluminum frame and a carbon fork, this is a PERFECT addition!

Favorite Ride:   CERVELO S1

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   3T Compact Ergo Aluminum

Bike Setup:   Stock Cervelo S1 - Except for this new handlbar addition :)

Submitted by Rigel a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2009

Strengths:    -Ergonomics
-Road Dampening
-Weight
-Looks/Style - a flamboyant carbon eyesore

Weaknesses:    -Difficult initial internal housing installation
-Not very stiff
-Expensive
-Looks/Style - not exactly euro pro

Bottom Line:
Overall a comfortable, light, and good looking handlebar.

The initial installation was tricky when it came to coaxing the cable housing to route internally. Subsequent cable overhauls were easier by using the old cable to guide it.

I love these bars for longer rides; the contours provide superior ergonomics, while the plush carbon dampens road noise impressively.

They do, however, seem quite flexy. I'm only 150 lbs and I notice the loss of stiffness most times I jump and crank some torque down - like for a city limit sprint. I guess its no wonder you don't see these in the pro tour.

Purchased At:   ebay

Bike Setup:   Colnago [Columbus SLX (steel) frame '96/Flash (carbon) Fork '01]
Campagnolo Record ('05-'06 gruppo)
American Classic Sprint 350 Wheelset - ceramic bearings, sapim spokes
USE Alien, Ritchey, Veloflex, Fizik, Look, Wipperman, Jagwire

Submitted by Ozbiker a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2008

Strengths:    Great road dampening; comfortable on the (flat) tops; ease of use on the drops.

Bottom Line:
I was very pleasantly surprised by the dampening effect of the carbon. I had previously used the FSA RD 200 with Fizik bar gel and tape and this did a lot to dampen road buzz but the carbon on these babies is better. I have not taped over the tops, only going just past the shifter hoods and yet the dampening is still fantastic. Furthermore, the comfort of riding on the tops is great compared with the round bars. I found the drops to be very good in terms of reach; it took a little getting used to in terms of hand position on the curves after anatomic shaped bars. I would strongly recommend these - I also have the plasma bars and these feel almost as good. I'm very happy with them.

Favorite Ride:   Berowra Waters Sydney

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   FSA plasma

Bike Setup:   System 6, dura-ace, fsa racing zero, fizik saddle.

Submitted by johnnydrz a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2008

Strengths:    Shape fits me perfectly.
Light.
Easy to position the shifters correctly.

Weaknesses:    A bit "blingy" for me.
Cost.

Bottom Line:
Unfortunately, it took me a 7 days, 1000km ride from Vancouver to Calgary to realize a round bar wasn't what I needed... Numbness and pain after a few hours in the same position. I have a few problems with my hands which only come out after a few hours. I bought a FSA WING for my wife back in spring and she fell in love with it. For me, it was kinda "bling-y" and I sorta like more regular stuff. But, after my latest ride across the Rockies, I knew I had to change so I bought one too. Went out for several hours, adjusted the shifter position a few times, changed the angle a bit, and now I'm happy with it. The flats are perfect for me because they also force me to bend my elbows more and relax my back. I also find the transition from one position to the other feels more natural. My back feels less fatigued after a ride. They are plenty stiff and really fit my hands.

Favorite Ride:   The Canadian Rockies