Performance Forté Pro Carbon Handlebars

3.5/5 (4 Reviews)

• Advanced Carbon Technology gives you a vibration-damped bar that's comfortable and lightweight.
  • 8-bend design provides more comfortable hand positions with plenty of forearm clearance
  • Ergo drops fit your hands perfectly for a fast comfortable profile

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Jose a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2007

Strengths:    Light weight
    good strength
    good value for the money

Weaknesses:    Haven't found any. I'm hoping I won't.

Bottom Line:
    I bought this handlebar a couple of years ago and have put about 2,000 miles on them. I have found them to be an excellent value for the money. I had it installed on my older Trek 1400. It really made the bike a lot lighter and fun to drive.

Favorite Ride:   Prince William forest ride

Performance carbon saddlepost
    Shimano 105 drive train

Submitted by tonyzackery a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Strengths:    Cost to performance ratio is high. Lightweight. Strength.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    Good product for the money. As we all know, some large manufacturer makes these for Performance, so they are good quality. These bars are light and the "right" amount of flex for me. A handlebar is one of those items you like to not have to think about, which means it's doing its job well. This handlebar is in that category.

Favorite Ride:   Horseshoe Bay

Purchased At:   Performance

Submitted by Bickis a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Strengths:    light, looks good, comfortable, reasonably priced

Weaknesses:    flexible, unusable after hard crash (like all carbon bars really)

Bottom Line:
    Decent handlebar. Really light, ergo bends actually kind of comfortable. The bar lasted me a full season until I crashed pretty hard. Even then the bar didn't snap, but you could see cracks in it.
    I had the 26.0 size and found it really flexable. I wouldn't buy it again for this reason, but would be curious to know if an OS model might be a little stiffer.

Similar Products Used:   Easton EA70

Bike Setup:   Felt Scandium, Dura-Ace

Submitted by Bikbldr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2006

Strengths:    none, or not enough strengths in reality to keep it from breaking

Weaknesses:    it breaks

Bottom Line:
    Bought these after the shop said that they had not seen any failures, and that they had sold quite a few. I have two of these. the last one I bought failed after 2 months. I will be replacing the other shortly, as I don't trust it anymore.

I cracked it on the bend about 5 inches behind the hoods. The cork tape held it together after that until I could get home.

Performance was great about taking it back

Purchased At:   Performance Bike