Ritchey WCS Carbon Evolution Handlebars

• Ergonomic upper section with 3 degree back-sweep
  • Extended 31.8 center section is compatible with clip-on bars

Submitted by CR1 Rider a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2008

Strengths:    Stiff, light, really comfortable. Was worried about fit due to set back but now worries.

Bottom Line:
Great bars, upgraded rom Ritchey alloy comp and what a difference. Way stiff and super light, I actually have the SL version. Carbon is super vibration dampening, Scott feels like a Cadillac now, spec'd with Bontrager gel/cork bar tape. Decending fast was sketchy with old bars, now smooth and confident. Great bars.....

Favorite Ride:   Rock Store climb (Los Angeles)

Purchased At:   beyondbikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Ritchey comp logic alloy

Bike Setup:   07 Scott CR1 Pro, SRAM Force group, rithcey WCS carbon compnents and Real Design Ultrasphere wheelset with Conti GP4000 tires....

Submitted by Mooshman a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2008

Strengths:    wicked stiff and sexy. I am a big rider (205) and I cannot feel any significant flex while actively pulling on the bars.

Weaknesses:    none yet (I have not crashed with them yet)

Bottom Line:
I love these bars, super stiff... wicked sexy, I find myself having to remind myself to watch the road because I keep looking at my sexy handlebars.

Favorite Ride:   an outside ride

Purchased At:   bike store

Similar Products Used:   Aluminum Bontranger flat tops and Cinelli groove bars

Bike Setup:   Independent Fabrication Crown Jewel "WICKED SWEET BIKE" Ritchey WCS carbon everything... lot's of love for this bike.

Submitted by kyler2001 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2007

Strengths:    Lightweight(42cm=220g),Ergo design, Comfortable,No flex,Large clamp area for clip-on bars

Weaknesses:    Expensive

Bottom Line:
I first saw this bar on a Gerolsteiner demo bike at a race. I was able to get on the bike and at that moment, I knew this was the bar for me. Besides the frame, this is probably my second favorite part of my bike. In the past, I had problems with the Ritchey WCS OS aluminium model. I was not able to reach the levers that easily. With the Carbon Evolution, it's perfect. Instead of only the stem clamp area being oversized, the whole top is ovalized and larger to fit a wide range of hand sizes. The larger ovalized top section is an great feature while climbing in the saddle. While on the hoods, the bar slides right into my palms like a perfect fit. In the drops, I can find a comfortable position for extended pulls and brake/shift with no issues. While sprinting I notice no flex (but I'm just 145lbs also). The brake/shift cables route in the bars added grooves as well.

Favorite Ride:   Long Up and then Long Down