Ritchey WCS Evo Curve Handlebars

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

The Ritchey WCS Evo Curve Road Handlebar is made of high quality, triple butted 7050 aluminum for a...

Submitted by Tommy Chang

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2015

Strengths:    Light, strong

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
I have this bar on both of my road bikes. I love the back sweep and the large diameter of the flat section-an excellent perch during climbing. The shallow drop and the curve fits me perfectly and I found myself spending a lot more time in the drops. There are excellent deals out there and I only paid $80 for a new one and $60 for a new take-off.

Submitted by Typetwelve

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2013

Strengths:    Very lightweight.
Well made.
Bar shape is superb.

Weaknesses:    The bar diameter is large, may be too big for some bar tape sets.

Bottom Line:
I bought this bar to replace my thin stocker. The EVO Curve is pretty light given the size of it. The carbon versions are 30-70g lighter but you will pay triple for that weight loss. As for function, the bar has a great shape to is, the slightly swept back top works well and the large diameter is much easier on the hands. Like any bar, the drops are just fine, I'm neutral on them. The "grit" section where the stem/shifter connects is also great and helps with bar slipping. I bought the bar in "wet white" and found the color to look great, I cannot complain. The only possible issue is bar tape, due to the diameter of the bar, you may need a longer tape to totally wrap it.