Tranz-X Bullhorn Handlebars

Tranz-X Bullhorn Bar is an aerodynamic bar with a wing section.

Submitted by Olly a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2014

Strengths:    Cheap Durable, and the flat aero sections look nice, even if it's not a real performance piece.

Weaknesses:    heavy, but that could be good if you are rough on your bike. I wish the wings were rotated upwards, though. If you have them setup level or near level *as you should*, they still point way down. I've got mine pointed up about 2* but I really don't use the flats.

Bottom Line:
Honestly I couldn't be much happier with these. There is a nice indentation for cable routing that continues under the wing. I've drilled out holes for cable routing just behind where the horns turn up, and was surprised to see how thick the aluminum was, maybe 1/8th inch even. That said, now I regret not drilling nearer to the stem, as I am confident in the strength of these bars even with a cable sized oval drilled out. I will definitely be grabbing another pair for a future bike.
The only thing I would change would be to tilt the angle of the wing up about 15-20* so that my palms could be level. I mostly ride on the horns though, so that's not a big deal.

Favorite Ride:   Langster

Purchased At:   Kozy's Cheap but Wor

Bike Setup:   ss langster, open pro to formula, white industries fw, s300 crankset, tektro bar end levers and r538s, fsa70mm stem
I do bike delivery in Chicago all year round, and this is my workhorse