Bontrager InForm RXL Saddles

2.75/5 (12 Reviews)

• Bontrager Science of Comfort blends three elements for a perfect riding experience: performance, design and comfort
  • 3 widths of saddles allow perfect match to your sit bones
  • Rear curvature of saddles is customized based on saddle size for optimal seating support
  • Custom Tuned Shell for support and comfort
  • Superlight Bontrager ZONE DENSITY foam puts the support and the compliance in specific zones where it's needed
  • Graphics are optimized to be away from high friction zones during riding
  • Hollow titanium rails

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by phoehn9111

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2012

Strengths:    Comfort, variable positioning

Weaknesses:    Grid running down middle can grip bibs on extremely hot rides

Bottom Line:
    Best saddle I have ever ridden, even better than the Selle Italia SLR. It is possible to move
    around and slide slightly back and forth while preserving comfort, useful on rides. Literally
    feels as if my nethers are like a towel draped on a hanger, no pressure points whatsoever.

Submitted by Ryan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2012

Strengths:    Didnt hurt me or leave me numb.

Weaknesses:    Plastic-ish material needed occasional light rubdown with spray wax detailer to keep from grabbing the shorts. The devil horns at the back eventually see the shell peek through material and those dig into your shorts. practically destroyed an 8th ride pr of pearl bibs on a century this weekend. Why does Keith allow junk like this to carry his name. Junk MTB cranks, Junk road wheels, junk saddles, and now 10000$ Treks littered with his...JUNK

Bottom Line:
    See above. Gave it 600mi. The last 100mi saw it scuff a still new pr of pearl bibs. Didnt notice sooner b/c the saddle didnt hurt me. Might've still sought a slightly better ride feel over long haul (and 5.9 looks wrong with a brooks)... but hell make it a round tail or something. You cost me a pr of 140$ bibs!!!

Favorite Ride:   Anything on the road

Similar Products Used:   Various

Bike Setup:   Trek 5.9. Full DA. Various wheelsets depending on ride of choice. Carbon Controls.

Submitted by Kevin a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 10, 2011

Strengths:    Firm

Weaknesses:    Poor shape- the gradual wing design causes serious pressure points resulting in saddle sores
    - the slight cradle shape puts too much pressure on the penal area

Bottom Line:
    This saddle SUCKS!! I've given it a more than fair chance accumulating over 2500km on it since installing it in February and I can honestly say I absolutely hate it. I used Bontrager's saddle measuring device and I read their technological write-ups and everything checked out, but in practical use the saddle did not perform at all. The shape is awful! If it's not giving me the worst saddle sores I've ever had in countless thousands of kms of riding my junk is going numb from moving myself forward to relieve pressure on said saddle sores. This saddle is absolutely awful.. Now I know why Bontrager offers a 90 day NQA return policy... they must have realised the serious problems these saddles cause and tried to recoup their losses...

Favorite Ride:   Fluffy white clouds hills trees on a windy highway and no traffic but me and my compadres

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLR TT, Selle Italia Flite, previous Bontrager saddles (also garbage)

Bike Setup:   Madone 6.9 pro frame with standard road components.

Submitted by Dave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2010

Strengths:    Light weight

Weaknesses:    I would probably have not bought the saddle if it was full price but with the sale I figured I would try it.

Bottom Line:
    I bought this saddle on clearance at the lbs. The employees informed me about the 90 guarantee so I purchased it. I felt the discomfort on the first few rides with the saddle but ever since then I have enjoyed it and would recommend it.