Brooks Swift Titanium Saddles

4.5/5 (10 Reviews)

• Titanium rails
  • Chrome plated steel metalwork
  • Skived sides and hand hammered copper rivets

Submitted by Kimball a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2010

Strengths:    Durability, and smooth slippery finish allows easy position changes (not everyone may like this)

Weaknesses:    Bag lugs are sharp. I wish it was lighter.

Bottom Line:
The best way I can describe my Swift Ti is that I do not notice it or think about it. It took me a few months of break-in time and adjusting it to a slight nose up position to get it this way. If you plan on hanging a Brooks bag from the rear lugs I suggest you take a few strips of emory cloth to them as the inside of the punched slots are quite sharp and actually cut one of my hanging straps. No issues since I did that.

Favorite Ride:   May Valley

Similar Products Used:   Avocet o2 Air
Fizik Arione

Bike Setup:   1993 Wynn custom steel, Dura-Ace 10-spd, White Industry hubs, Velocity rims

Submitted by mick a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 8, 2010

Strengths:    quality, looks, reasonable comfort, light.

Weaknesses:    long break in.

Bottom Line:
have used this Swift for four years on MTB and road bike. It took a year to break in and is not as comfortable as my Brooks Professionals on my other bikes. However it is 200 grams lighter and doesn't look out of place on a modern-ish road bike or MTB. Noticed an incredible increase in price for this Swift Ti and isn't worth the new price. Purchased for 72 quid while on holiday in Yorkshire. It is better than all the other saddles I have used over the years. Great quality workmanship.

Favorite Ride:   cotter dam

Purchased At:   Spa cycles Harrogate

Similar Products Used:   Brooks Professional and San Marco Rolls (good). many awful WTB, Velo,other Selle Italia, and Fizik

Bike Setup:   1999 Fondriest steel. Campy ensemble. Mavic Pro wheelset.

Submitted by austen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2009

Strengths:    highly stylish. great cut of leather. beautiful big copper rivets. fairly comfy. narrow nose. once broken in, feels good.

Weaknesses:    this saddle has gone way up in price!! kind of like scotch. you used to be able to get these for less than 200. expensive now. takes a while to break in. longer than a new b17.

Bottom Line:
i really like this saddle. looks really good on retro race bikes. (early 90's bikes are now retro in my opinion) would look good on a modern bike also. new world meets old world.

Favorite Ride:   península

1996 tommasini tecno
80's ciocc

Submitted by UnkaDave a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2009

Strengths:    Durability (the B17 hardly shows any wear and just seems better with time), comfort (if you get the right one), cachet.

Weaknesses:    My brother is kinda right - the Swift is very reasonable weight-wise, the B17 would be a serviceable boat anchor. Since I bought the B17, prices have skyrocketed - doubled and tripled.

Bottom Line:
I tried this saddle at the kindness of Wallingford in Louisiana, but had to reluctantly return it at the six month mark. Its construction, looks, quality, etc. are all excellent, BUT (or maybe butt) you have to be careful that your ischial tuberosities (sit bones) are narrow enough, and I discovered to my embarrassment that despite being fairly skinny otherwise, mine were not. After several other saddles didn't work, I gave up any pride and tried the Brooks B17 (my brother says so named because of its weight being similar to the aircraft of same name) and have been comfortable for the following three years. So, Brooks are great, really, but make sure you get the right one.

Favorite Ride:   Alpine Loop, Utah

Purchased At:   Wallbike

Similar Products Used:   Name it - I must have strange anatomy

Bike Setup:   At the time, Merlin Extralight with Campy stuff.

Submitted by gaboriginal a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2009

Strengths:    comfort, looks (that patina that the tan saddle gets is awesome!) long lasting. also the shape of the saddle meens you feel quite secure when you tuck into it with your legs on decents.

Weaknesses:    it's a tad long. plus you have to cover it in the rain and the saddle cover it comes with doesn't protect the underside of the saddle so I usually tie plastic bag around the saddle and put the cover over the top of this. also some people think it looks odd on my c50.. i disagree. also they aren't cheap.

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle to put on a retro build I put together but then enjoyed the ride of the saddle so much I bought another one for my carbon rig. I do about 250km per week and was getting a few saddle sores from the other saddles I tried. after a week or two on the swift... no sores.. and the amount of road buzz this saddle dampens is fantastic. I've since sold the retro bike and kept the brooks for my mid week bike.

Favorite Ride:   Any ride with mates