Fizik Aliante Saddles

4.37/5 (137 Reviews)

The Twin Flex shell technology offers full-length pressure relief while K:ium rails provide an 8% weight reduction over titanium and provides better vibration absorption.

Submitted by bigjohnla

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2015

Strengths:    Nice narrow nice, slightly concave contour, firm padding.

Bottom Line:
Let me preface this review by saying that I am a big guy. I weigh about 288 at this writing. The saddle came on my Bianchi Infinito. It was a Delta model. I had expected to replace this saddle almost immediately. But, being on the cheap side I decided I should give it a fair shake before hanging it on the wall of my garage as potential barter down the road. After a few short test rides to get it adjusted the saddle seemed to disappear. (Considering my size, it may very well have disappeared from view at least). I had always had problems with chafing and the narrow nose has alleviated that.. The slight concave contour really seems to fit me too. I have about 2500 miles on it and am still very pleased with it. Cosmetically it still looks brand new. Saddles are very personal items. This saddle may not be for everybody. I gave it a 5 star rating for value because it came with the bike. I have gotten pretty use to the idea of automatically replacing the saddle. From my point of view the saddle was free!!

Submitted by antoineb

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2014

Strengths:    light-ish?

Weaknesses:    - terrible shape: (1) too narrow at the rear so puts undue pressure on sit bones: it's as if Fizik didn't know that engineers and biomechanics experts have progressed on understanding of saddles since the 1980s! (2) too round at the front causing undue pressure to soft tissue causing numbness in reproductive organs...
- turns you into a advertising poster any time you step off the bike - but instead of paying you, they charge you for it!

Bottom Line:
- the Fizik Aliante is a saddle designed like a 1980s saddle if not older: too round, too narrow.
- being too round at the front it compresses nerves and blood vessels thus rapidly causing numbness in the male reproductive organ.
- being too narrow at the back it causes undue pressure on the sit bones.
- oh, and Fizik don't even seem to know that pelvis sizes vary - so they offer this saddle (and all their saddles) in just one width! Frankly.
Frankly in 2014 and with engineers and specialists in biomechanics having done so much to understand the forces exerted on the body by a saddle, you would have thought that a big brand would have paid attention. But no apparently they spend most of their money on marketing.

People like Specialized (w the Toupe) or SQLabs (w the 611 / 612) are much more advanced in this respect.

Submitted by Joey F a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2012

Strengths:    High quality materials. Durable.

Weaknesses:    Shape of the saddle.

Bottom Line:
For me, this saddle is a 1. I have tried the other Fizik saddles, without any luck. None fit me. For the Aliante, the shape completely puts pressure on the perennial tissue. I was measured in at about 142mm, so the measurements were supposed to be correct. But my sit bones have to perch on the sides of the saddle, which are lower than the center, upon which the weight of my body, via the soft tissue, bears much of the weight. Numbness has been a serious issue. I have used this saddle for some time, adjusting it, adjusting my posture, to no avail. I have tried numerous saddles, and I am going to test out the Specialized Romin models, which I hear tremendous things about, for people such as myself who are trying to find a saddle that is friendly to the soft tissues down there. This saddle is well-crafted, and apparently works well for many people. Saddles are a highly personal issue; that said, for me, I have determined after ample time trying to give this one a go that it is completely un-usable - a 1.

Submitted by Jacob Obara a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2011

Strengths:    Pretty, light, comfortable, great vibration dampening, replaceable side protectors

Weaknesses:    none so far

Bottom Line:
This is a very comfortable saddle. I have the carbon braided rails version and it soaks up the vibrations on the road like you wouldn't believe. I am used to it now, but when i changed from my San Marco saddle i was very impressed for days.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere

Purchased At:   Ebay Australia

Similar Products Used:   San Marco

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Submitted by sqit101 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2011

Strengths:    Excellent material quality and craftsmanship. Interesting design concept.

Weaknesses:    Shape of the seat truly infringes on soft tissue area.

Bottom Line:
Despite all of the raving reviews for the Aliante, my experience wasn't the best, so I figured I'd share it for those looking for a new saddle. The quality and craftsmanship of the saddle is wonderful. The design in theory seems like it would be a great saddle with the carbon mesh, however, for those riders with soft tissue concerns, this is likely not the saddle for you. Not only is there no center cutouts, but where your seat bones would normally hit, the saddle "falls off", or curves downward. This saddle put undo pressure on my soft tissue area more than any other saddle I've ridden (mostly stock Specialized saddles, which i've never had a complaint about). If you require soft tissue relief, look at the Terry Fly.