Fizik Arione CX Carbon Saddles

3.75/5 (8 Reviews)

• Lighter, with a new racing profile. Wing flex / Twin Flex carbon-kevlar shell. Lightweight and comfortable. Ergonomic dip platform.
  • Carbon braided rail: stronger & lighter
  • Thigh Glides White microtex
  • Rail Carbon Braided
  • Weight 149 gr

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by verybikeytucson a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2012

Strengths:    weight, comfort

Weaknesses:    expensive if paying retail

Bottom Line:
    rode the regular arione for a couple years and would get numbness in my groin within about 30-60 minutes . i am much more comfortable with the flatter profile of the cx carbon (carbon rails and shell) and numbness is gone. wish I had switched sooner plus I got a great deal on eBay.

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   ebay-used

Similar Products Used:   arione

Submitted by michaeld-c a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2010

Strengths:    Comfort, looks, light weight, price for what you get.

Weaknesses:    For me personally, there are none.

Bottom Line:
    Have been playing around with quite a few saddles over the last year but keep coming back to this one.

The standard Arione is too soft for me and perhaps a bit too rounded in it's profile. Although comfortable, I would get hotspots about 20 mins into the ride.

This being a bit flatter and lighter in the padding department does the job nicely.

Bike Setup:   Scott Addict SL - Dura Ace 7900 - Dura Ace C24 Clincher Wheels.

Submitted by bikerdoug a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2010

Strengths:    Able to get over 15,000 miles on the first one and only got a new one because of some wear at the tip.

Weaknesses:    None really. but a little tricky to install on my Cervelo ... my shop has no problem doing it though!

Bottom Line:
    Just purchased my second Fizik Arione CX with carbon braided rails ... excellent product. Comfortable and long lasting

Favorite Ride:   Shootout

Purchased At:   Fairwheel Bikes

Bike Setup:   Cervelo carbon

Submitted by jtgraphics a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2009

Strengths:    Good fit for me comfortable from first ride softer ride, and weight saving also.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
    I was using an original Fizik Arione saddle on my old road bike and bought the new Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rails for my new build. For me it was a better fit than the old Fizik Arione from the start. Seems softer than my old I was using an original Fizik Arione saddle on my old road bike and bought the new Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rails for my new build. For me it was a better fit than the old Fizik Arione saddle with Ti rails.

Favorite Ride:   Road, Climbing

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Arione Ti rails.

Bike Setup:   Pedal Force RS2, Easton EC90 SL fork and Easton EC90 SLX bars and Easton EA90 SLX wheels full Sram Red Groupset.
    14 lb. bike with pedals, cages and tools ready.

Submitted by KXD a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2009

Strengths:    looks

Weaknesses:    weight saving = numb ass

Bottom Line:
    Have to agree with other reviewer. I too had th e standard arione and thought I'd upgrade to the new CX. Not because I am a weight weenie but I figured if they have released a new model after the old one it had to be good. I was disappointed but my loss is someone else gain as I have swapped for the "old school" arione and will be comfy again.

Purchased At:   CRC