Fizik Arione Titanium World Champs Saddles

• Wing flex" for free thigh movement and increased pedalling power (more clearance for leg stretching)
  • Increased contact surface area: 12% more than standard saddles for better pressure distribution
  • Wider nose for increased comfort toward the front of the saddle
  • Extended saddle length (30 cm) provides more riding positions
  • Over 85 mm rail adjustability: longest in its category
  • Carbon reinforced shell: stiff yet flexible, no saddle sag
  • Lightweight (230 gr)

Submitted by Barricade a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2005

Strengths:    Comfort, style and weight.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
My San Marco Era saddle was getting to look a bit tattered and I was looking to lighten up my ride prior to a training camp in Majorca. So I purchased a saddle that was suppose to reduce the pressure. Needless to say, NEVER change saddles prior to a week of big miles. I developed severe pain in my upper left leg and could barely sit on the saddle. I came home and purchased a Fizik Aireon saddle and love it. All of my leg pain went away instantly. At last nights group ride, my legs felt great due to the increased blood flow and I had no pain in my siatic nerve. This thing is a keeper and it looks awesome to boot.

Favorite Ride:   Drop the Doc

Purchased At:   www.totalcycling.com

Similar Products Used:   San Marco Era and Aspide Arrowhead (do not buy this saddle)

Bike Setup:   Colnago C-40, full Dura Ace with SRM power meter, Mavic Krsyrium SL wheels with Michelin Pro Race lights. Deda Newton bar and stem.

Submitted by dosgauchos a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2004

Strengths:    COMFORTABLE. LIGHT.

Weaknesses:    NONE

Bottom Line:
I don't have the fancy World Champ. edition just the plain ole black arione saddle. I have been riding since 1975 and this is the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. It is even comfortable when I'm sitting on the nose of the saddle when I use my clip on bars for TTs. I just ordered a second arione for my second bike.

Favorite Ride:   Any that I don't get dropped on.

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia SLR, Genuine Gel Flite
Selle San Marco ERA
Countless others that aren't even manufactured anymore.

Bike Setup:   RUSS DENNY CUSTOM. CAMPY 10 SPEED. FSA TEAM ISSUE CRANKS. DEDA BARS/STEM
REYNOLDS WHEELS.

Submitted by paa a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2004

Strengths:    Exclusivity (World's colors), more contact area, looks, comfort, used by team Saeco. Goes with any color scheme.

Weaknesses:    Price, you can get lighter saddles for much cheaper. Heavier than top of the line Aliante' model. Will be hard to find due to high demand.

Bottom Line:
Probably the best looking saddle ever. Looks alone just tops the charts! The longer platform allows for more adjustments, especially on climbs. Same saddle Simoni and Astarloa use(d) on team Saeco. Very comfortable. Was already happy with my little SLR when I stumbled upon a bike shop...saw this baby and didn't hesitate since I know it will be difficult to find. Also helped that the shop gave me a discount for being part of a club...so if you're part of a club, ask your LBS if they'd honor it. That's how I paid for what I paid.

Favorite Ride:   Busta-Ride

Purchased At:   Incycle

Similar Products Used:   Flite gel, Aspide, SLR.

Bike Setup:   CAAD7, full DA, K's w/ Carbon comps, wcs stem, ec90 bar, blackstick, mavic win-tech 'puter.