Fizik Gobi Saddles

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

Fizik’s Wing Flex technology allows free thigh movement and increased pedaling power by offering more clearance for leg stretch. Tail flex shock absorbing at the rear of the saddle makes for smoother transition on and off the saddle. Carbon reinforced shell with titanium rails. 250 g. FIZ-KB-GB

Submitted by Chris Costa a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2009

Strengths:    Very comfortable, no durability issues. Great for 3+ hour MTB rides.

Weaknesses:    None, its not super light but isn't designed to be.

Bottom Line:
I started using the Fizik Arione for my road bike on a recommendation from a friend. I liked it so much that I looked for a Fizik MTB saddle and chose the Gobi. Very pleased. An all day comfortable saddle. I put one on my lightweight XC racer and one on my all day trail bike. I now swear by Fizik brand.

Favorite Ride:   Pinhoti Trail

Purchased At:   e-bay

Similar Products Used:   None come close.

Bike Setup:   Turner O2, Fox, Crossmax, XTR
Turner XCE, Fox, XT, Avid mech disc.

Submitted by acid_rider a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2007

Strengths:    longer that Aliante with similar shape

Weaknesses:    Gobi saddle surface abrasive for road riding lycra shorts, but could be ok for MTB shorts. Also, I would prefer it a little wider in the rear half, like Aliante. Low rating due to rough saddle surface and lack of Fizik integrated clip in bag support which Aliante and Arione provide.

Bottom Line:
I bought this saddle for my road bicycle even though it is marketed as a MTB saddle. The shape is similar to Aliante (and I like it) but it is longer which I needed for more setback. The Gobi Ti is an ok saddle for me but when used with road bicycle shorts/bibs i.e. delicate lycra then Gobi abrasive saddle surface causes excessive wear on my expensive Assos bibs. So even though the saddle is not bad (7 out of 10 my score) the surface is not good for lycra but for MTB shorts may be just fine. So I am going back to Arione which like Aliante has smooth surface. I do not think that even MTB saddle will benefit from abrasive surface, I think road and MTB and hybrid bicycle saddle surfaces should be smooth.
3/5 rating due to rough surface based on ~400 miled ridden on road.

Favorite Ride:   no cars

Purchased At:   www.chainreactioncyc

Similar Products Used:   Aliante, Arione, S/I Flite Gelflow, Bontrager stock saddle.

Bike Setup:   road bicycle

Submitted by Luth a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2006

Strengths:    durability
comfort
style
easy break in

Weaknesses:    price? (the 180 is CDN dollars) but quality is worth it

Bottom Line:
I have had the ti railed gobi with the cordura scuff guards on my trance 1 for a year now and have to say it is the best saddle I've had. Very durable, even after he usual number of mountain biking unplanned dismounts and 12-15 hours a week of riding. Also very comfortable. The nose is nicely padded for climbing efforts and it is easy to get off the back for steep downhills.
There are lighter saddles out there, but I doubt they are as durable and as comfortable for epic rides as the Gobi is.

Favorite Ride:   any big climb

Purchased At:   Ridleys

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager Ti
Kona Ti (might have been Bontrager rebranded)
WTB Ti railed something (nice, but not as comfortable)
WTB OEM thing

Bike Setup:   a slightly tweaked 05 Trance 1 -light,but durable - like crossmax SL's, Fox 130 RLC fork, and other goodies

Submitted by edgewater a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2006

Strengths:    great design, sexy, light.

Weaknesses:    Could put more scuff resistant material on sides.

Bottom Line:
Bought this for my cyclocross - which I use for commuting, and 30-40 mile weekend rides. Basically, this saddle is awesome: light, a little cushion - but not so much you can't feel the road. And for those of us who care, it's sexy - really ties the bike together.
The Gobi is long and slender (285mm / 130mm): a great design for transfering your leg power, but it is not for the wide-sitboned rider.

Favorite Ride:   North of town through sugar bottom

Purchased At:   The Broken Spoke, Io

Similar Products Used:   san marco rolls; fizik vitesse

Submitted by supafreak a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2006

Strengths:    Great design. Elevated Tail for climbing but not a hammock shape like the Aliante. Nicely padded and free thigh movement.

Weaknesses:    No cordura scuff guards on the tail edge. Just stupid for an MTB saddle to not have this durable feature. The NEW Gobi saddles have some cordura. This saddle just gets beaten on the edges and looks crappy after a few falls/crashes without the cordura.

Bottom Line:
Used this Gobi saddle (cromoly rails) primarily on my Mountian bike as that's it's design. Excellent for rough terrain. Nicely padded. Free thigh movement with flex shell design. Now trying this on my road bike for early season comfort. Then maybe switch back to Arione. This has noticeably more padding than Arione.

Favorite Ride:   Porcupine Rim

Purchased At:   eBay

Similar Products Used:   SDG Ventura, Selle Italia Gel Flite, Avocet O2Air 40 kevlar, Fizik Aliante (road), Flite, Fizik Arione (road), Serfas

Bike Setup:   Moots Compact Road, Moots YBB (MTB)

Fizik Gobi replacement

Hullo folks: I have a Fizik Gobi saddle from a few years back that fits my rump perfectly. I would like to purchase another one but notice they have discontinued the road version of this saddle (the XM is more MTB specific). Any thoughts as to what current Fizik saddle would resemble the old Go ... Read More »

Concor Light vs Gobi

I've been through a bunch of saddles trying to find one that would work. The best I've found so far has been the Aliante, but it's too wide for me and causes pressure on the inner thigh on the downstroke. Based on C-40's ideas, I'm thinking that the Gobi would be a good next bet. But I've als ... Read More »

Fizik Gobi Question

Fizik ever make Gobi saddle with cromoly rail? If so, what else is different between the Ti rail model and the cromo rail?Read More »

Fiz. Gobi$75; Cont.GP4$22

The cyclingsource on eBay has new Fizik Gobi for $75 ($8ship) and Conti GP 4season for$22 ea.;they will combine shipping, e.g.$12ship for (3) GP 4's and (1) Gobi they are selling fast!; hope this helps someone out there.Read More »

Question about Fizik Gobi

Does anyone know if the Gobi (Mtn version of Arione), has the same length of rails. I have an old bike with steep STA, and 25.8 seatpost which means insufficient set back. I want to try the Gobi if it has long rail clamp area like Arione. On Fizik's website Arione is touted as having 85mm of adjust ... Read More »