Ideal Saddle Modification Adamo Racing Saddle Saddles

4.18/5 (17 Reviews)

Racing saddle, Ti rails, ergonomic construction (U-Cut). Extremely comfortable!

Submitted by ICEAXE a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: September 2, 2010

Strengths:    Intelligent design; supports body weight on boney structures, relieves perineum, makes proper TT positioning more comfortable. Ti rails, good customer support.

Weaknesses:    NOT a versatile saddle--this saddle is a dedicated TT saddle (if you want versatility, get the podium or breakaway). Despite Ti rails, not too light, uncomfortable at first. You will end up placing a little more weight on your bars--but this is acceptable for TT positioning. High retail price.

Bottom Line:
Specialized can be credited with starting the truly anatomical saddle movement, but these really do take it to the next level. Proper TT positioning requires a steep seat angle, a flat back, and rolling your hips forward. This inevitably crushes your perineum (and other soft bits) into the nose of your saddle. This saddle design truly supports your body weight on your "sit bones" i.e. ischial tuberosities. Yes, you will have some soreness as you adapt, but this has made me able to stay in the TT position so much longer than other saddles. After using this saddle, I put the Podium model on my road bike--and that saddle is truly a wonder; it supports so many body positions/ virtual seat angles-- it really has changed the way I ride. It will only be a matter of time until an Adamo Peak finds its way on my mtb.

Favorite Ride:   Northern Michigan

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Specialized BG Pro Ti, Alias Ti, Toupe Gel, Fizik nisene, aliante, pave.

Bike Setup:   Cervelo S1 with forward post and full aero cockpit setup for Tri/TT. Drop bars w shorty aero & carbon road post w/Adamo podium for road.

Submitted by Redracer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2010

Strengths:    Ugly!

Weaknesses:    Like a piece of wood.

Bottom Line:
Save your money and your BUTT! I seriously think this saddle permanently damaged one of my sit bones. At 51 years old my butt has also seen some saddle time including two cross country trips and other long-distance tours. What were they thinking? Switching to a Selle SMP.

Favorite Ride:   Any

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Terry, Koobi, Fizik, Coda ... everything better.

Bike Setup:   '09 Cannondale Bad Boy with frame only thing left stock.

Submitted by jsrscbr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2010

Strengths:    eliminates taint numbness/chaffing/pain allows you to ride in the drops/areo bars easier and longer

Weaknesses:    May not work for all riders. Set up could take some time. Break in takes time. Many will give up on this saddle because of the imediate soreness/pain to the sit bones but for those who "learn" how to ride this saddle it could be a the best
money you spend on your bike

Bottom Line:
Early this year began having numbness problems so i gave the adamo racing saddle a try. Was skeptical at first because of the strange design and also thought it was a triathlete saddle. After 300 miles I can say that this thing works. The taint problems and numbness vanished from the first ride. It is important to set the saddle up properly and give it an ajustment period read the instructions or go on ism website for install. I had no problems with set up although i've had a few years of bike shop experiance. Those interested in this saddle need to understand that this saddle puts the majority of the rider weight on the sit bones so you will be sore after the first few rides. give it time. yesteday was my longest ride 65 miles with no discomfort. the racing version is hard at first and if you like more padding for your sit bones you might try the road or typhoon/century. If numbness "taint" problems are effecting your rides give ism adamo a try, there's a reason tri athletes like them, folks who normally spend 4+ hours in the saddle know how saddle comfort can improve your ride

Favorite Ride:   Rural county roads, hills , rollers,

Bike Setup:   Felt f4sl

Submitted by Rachel a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2009

Strengths:    No bone bruising! Makes riding in the aero position comfortable.

Weaknesses:    My friends make fun of me because it's so ugly. It's a little hard on the sit bones, but definitely just something to get used to.

Bottom Line:
I couldn't find any women's reviews of this saddle so I wanted to make sure to let any woman out there know that this saddle did wonders for me. I went through four other saddles and terrible bruising on my way to finding this masterpiece. Everyone said Terry would fix my problems because they're women-specific, and though the women at Terry are very helpful, none of their saddles worked for me. I know this is personal, but if it's that bone in the front part of where you sit that is causing you tons of pain, you have to try this out. You're really not supposed to do this, but I have a half iron in two weeks so I tested this saddle out for the first time on the Timberman bike course and I was elated. I didn't hate riding in the aero position anymore! It's so comfortable. I did not have a problem with adjustments like many other reviewers note. We spent about 15 minutes getting it in the right place and now I'm almost pain free!

Favorite Ride:   downhill

Purchased At:   Quad Multisport - Ar

Similar Products Used:   Terry Fly Tri gel.

Bike Setup:   Cervelo P2!

Submitted by trickyricky a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2009

Strengths:    Sweet comfort
Well made
Makes you faster

Weaknesses:    Price
Takes patience to setup
Non-traditional looks

Bottom Line:
Finally there's a saddle that lives up to it's claim. After riding Fizik Ariones for the last 3 years, going numb after 25 miles was frustrating me enough to try a new approach. Like others have said, setup takes patience. I spent about 3-4 weeks dialing it in and once I found the sweet spot, I knew it. It sits much further back than my Arione because you sit on the forward portion of the saddle, NOT the rear. Very long rails allow many positions. Try to set it up to duplicate YOUR current position, NOT your current saddle's position. The freedom from numbness is like a license to ride all day. I was amazed to hit mile 45 one day and realize I had experienced ZERO numbness. The saddle puts all weight on the ischial tuberosities, the "sit bones", so for the first 10 rides or so, this area felt tender. After that time, I toughened up and now have no pain in the sit bones or numbness in the boys. SWEET! It's so comfortable, I can get into a fast, flat back aero position and ride 'till I blow up without any discomfort at all. The saddle seems well made, but won't ever be as good looking as an Arione. Or as painful.

Favorite Ride:   Hills and TT's