Ideal Saddle Modification Adamo Road Saddles

4.29/5 (7 Reviews)

The little brother of the Racing saddle and 5mm wider, with slightly more gel and padding. We found this doubles as an excellent aerobar saddle and also works well while riding the hoods. Designed for 0-90 hip angle positions. UCI compliant and also boasts the transition hook on the rear.

Submitted by Dustytrails

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2013

Strengths:    No break in needed comfortable immediately.

Weaknesses:    Went for a fitting after adding this seat because it seemed to promote a significantly different hip angle. They said it looked fine.

Bottom Line:
I am a 130 pound female, 5'4'.......i had two miserable months on a Terry ride like a girl saddle. The nose of the saddle and the pain it caused on front of pubic bone when i was in aero position, never left my mind while riding. I am ecstatic about this adamo i picked up for fifty bucks on craigslist. Thanks for selling it...and no its not too wide. I am a sprint tri racer and ride minimal mileage on rolling hills. My son stole this seat from me for a couple weeks..so i installed his stock Cervelo seat on my bike.... rode a couple times and ended up with a blister after ten miles, twice. Because i ride hills i would like to try the SMP with the upturned seatback, might be nice to have some leverage....but I am happy for now.

Submitted by dchamberlin a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2011

Strengths:    No numbness whatsoever. Complete comfort.

Weaknesses:    Slightly heavy and it can be uncomfortable on the muscles down there for a couple rides but

Bottom Line:
I have used a Fizik Aliante since buying my Cervelo RS last year after using the ISM Road Saddle for two years. I've finally had to give it up and go back to the one saddle that doesn't cause me any numbness or discomfort when I ride. I'll never leave ISM again.

Purchased At:   Amazon.com

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Aliante

Bike Setup:   2010 Cervelo RS w/ full Ultegra

Submitted by kirand a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2010

Strengths:    No more numbness, comfortable, good quality.

Weaknesses:    nothing

Bottom Line:
Just like most ISM customers my main problem on longer rides was numbness and pain in the genital area.
I can only say THANK YOU!! I almost quit riding my bike because of the issues, but thanks to the Adamo saddle I have no problems anymore, even on long rides.
The fit was no real problem. For the first few rides I had an allan key in my pocket and stoped every now and then to do some adjustments. Since my third ride I've got it just right.
Thank you ISM for giving me back the joy riding my bike.

Favorite Ride:   Hilly european countryside

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Selle Italia Flite, Flite Max, Fizik Arione, Fizik Aliante, Prologo Nago pas, you name it, I tried them all!

Bike Setup:   Cervelo Soloist, SRAM groupset, ITM components, DT Swiss wheels

Submitted by Warren a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2010

Strengths:    Cure for male numbness.

Weaknesses:    none so far.

Bottom Line:
After purchasing my bike I quickly found that I kept going numb in the groin on rides longer then 30 minutes. This saddle came to my rescue! It takes a few rides to get used to the saddle, but once you do what a difference does it make. No more numbness.

Favorite Ride:   Fulshear

Purchased At:   Tri on the run

Similar Products Used:   Fizik Tri

Bike Setup:   2004 Orbea TT

Submitted by Coucoui6 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2009

Strengths:    Great design... it does what it advertise. Solved all my numbness issues

Weaknesses:    My butt is always very sore after each ride. my butt bones feel brused for about 1 week after every ride. I feel that the seat is really too pricey, but then again... alot of big name brands are too $$$

Bottom Line:
If you review the ISM website's FAQ, it will tell you to slowly get use to the feel of this saddle... If you call the ISM customer service (they are very nice) will tell you to limit your ride to 25 miles and it may take up to 7-10 rides to strengthen your Butt Muscles. but after 3 mths of ownership... i just cant get used to it. i'm only 5'7" and 160 lbs and used to log 50+ mile rides every Saturday. but my original saddle started to cause alot of numbness. So after much research online I decided to get the ISM Road. This seat works... it worked great on my numbness but it also caused pain. The pain is keeping me from riding long.

Favorite Ride:   08 Fuji Roubaux

Purchased At:   Sports Chalet

Bike Setup:   Stock Fuji with Speed Play pedals.

ISM ADAMO Road Saddle

I just wanted to share my experience with this saddle as I am a new rider who rode a regular bike seat with pain and discomfort. I adjusted my old seat every which way and every time I rode I rode with pain and had pain down there and even had pain while urniating after a ride. I was fixing to sell ... Read More »

Just bought ISM Adamo road saddle

I bought the ISM Adamo road saddle about 3 weeks ago. I probably have 400-500 miles on it. I wanted a saddle to take the pressure off my prostrate as I enter riding season and start riding more, further and more often, I have trouble in the evening hours with urination. It just doesn't want to come ... Read More »

ISM Adamo Road Saddle too wide?

Is the ISM Adamo Road Saddle too wide at the nose so when you are pedaling you feel it rubbing against the side of your legs? I am a pretty big guy with big leg muscles, I'm not skinny, so my legs are wider, I'm 6'0" 210 lbs. Do you sit on the wide part of the saddle or on the nose?Read More »