Koobi PRS Saddles

4.53/5 (32 Reviews)

Our ultimate saddle features breakthrough "tunable suspension." Below the sleek leather and firm padding is our state of the art "tunable suspension." This simple to tune, light weight suspension uses proven elastomer spring technology, allowing the rider to tune the suspension to his or her own personal ride preference.
  • Ti rails
  • 298 grams
  • Width = 146mm
  • Women's specific model available

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Ken S

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2016

Strengths:    Quality of materials and comfort this is a premium saddle and customized for your style of riding.

Weaknesses:    Cost Koobi's are at the high end of what I would pay for a decent saddle

Bottom Line:
    I had just purchased a new bike and wanted a new Koobi for it. So I called Koobi told them that I had a AU Enduro but wanted to upgrade. So they sent me two saddles, only paid for one, a new PRS Enduro and a PRS Century. When I spoke with Phil he said try both and send back the one you don't want. Having already been riding on the Enduro I put the Century on and I took Phil's advice and rode it about 75 miles to break it what a great saddle it is so I sent back the other one without even trying it. You pay a little more for a Koobi but well worth it.

Submitted by Peter Ney a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2015

Strengths:    Good blend between road saddle and a spilt nose TT saddle.

Weaknesses:    The company does not stand behind product. The uppers peel away from the saddle. Beware of rail failure, mine did and the company did not even return my phone call. A bit behind the times, the reviews on their website are all old and positive. No one is perfect, take evaluations and make cutting edge products.

Bottom Line:
    I rode on a Koobi Tri saddle for one season and loved it. When I bought a new one for the next season it completely failed. The rails on both sides bent and almost had catastrophic failure. Sent pictures in and the company did not even respond. Lately, I've explored some of their newer saddles, but, the company once again won't return an email regarding questions. Rule #1 for me is customer support, Koobi seems to not care. I used to train with a lot of multisport athletes using their saddles, but that seems to be in the past. If you want to roll the dice on a hybrid saddle, go for it, if it brakes, have fun with the road rash and no support. For a local company this bums, excuse the pun, me out! Listen to your customers.

Favorite Ride:   BMC TM01 Selle Italia Concor

Purchased At:   Factory

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager RXL, Specialized SL Split, Cobb 55, ISM. They have all stood behind their products.

Bike Setup:   Only use on my TT/TRI bike, not on road. Use Fizik or Selle Italia for road. Ride high in the back and low in the front. Seems their engineering can't handle 'on the nose,' riding.

Submitted by Rob a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, durability

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    7 Years ago I purchased a Koobi PRS and have ridden thousands of miles. Recently I was involved in a minor car accident with the bike getting smacked to the ground. The seat took the brunt of the hit, bending the rail. Koobi had a replacement rail for $29.95 total and I was able to install it myself. What a value. Should get a few more years out if this trusty steed.

Submitted by P Friedrich a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2014

Strengths:    Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Rails break after a few years of use

Bottom Line:
    I have been a loyal Koobi customer for some years now, but sadly will have to find another saddle vendor. I have 3 of these saddles purchased over the last 7 years on my 3 road bikes. I had a left rail failure 2 years ago on my #1 bike. Then 3 weeks ago, I had another rail failure, this time on the right side on my #2 bike. Luckily both times were close to home. I have NEVER had a saddle break in any manner prior to using the Koobis. In fact, I have never heard this ever happening in the circle I ride with.

So, there appears to be a high probability of a long term fatigue failure issue which is/has not addressed by the Koobi folks, nor were they receptive of these facts when I called them.

Find another saddle if you want to rest easy, knowing you and your bike won't be crippled in the middle of a major effort or neighborhood ride.

Favorite Ride:   all of them