Koobi PRS Saddles

4.62/5 (29 Reviews)

Our ultimate saddle features breakthrough "tunable suspension." Below the sleek leather and firm padding is our state of the art "tunable suspension." This simple to tune, light weight suspension uses proven elastomer spring technology, allowing the rider to tune the suspension to his or her own personal ride preference.
  • Ti rails
  • 298 grams
  • Width = 146mm
  • Women's specific model available

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by P Friedrich a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2014

Strengths:    Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Rails break after a few years of use

Bottom Line:
    I have been a loyal Koobi customer for some years now, but sadly will have to find another saddle vendor. I have 3 of these saddles purchased over the last 7 years on my 3 road bikes. I had a left rail failure 2 years ago on my #1 bike. Then 3 weeks ago, I had another rail failure, this time on the right side on my #2 bike. Luckily both times were close to home. I have NEVER had a saddle break in any manner prior to using the Koobis. In fact, I have never heard this ever happening in the circle I ride with.

So, there appears to be a high probability of a long term fatigue failure issue which is/has not addressed by the Koobi folks, nor were they receptive of these facts when I called them.

Find another saddle if you want to rest easy, knowing you and your bike won't be crippled in the middle of a major effort or neighborhood ride.

Favorite Ride:   all of them

Purchased At:   Koobi

Similar Products Used:   fizik

Bike Setup:   Trek 5500, SRAM Red, Ksyrium Elete
    Schwinn Paramont SRAM Force, Ksyrium Elete

Submitted by g-dawg

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2014

Strengths:    Firm padding, leather cover,comfy

Weaknesses:    costly

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the koobi xenon. I got this saddle on a special deal, or I wouldn't have paid for it. It takes a little time to break in, but once the break in period is over this thing is amazing. Over the past several weeks I totally forget about my saddle. I ride up to 100 miles per ride, with no discomfort in my butt! Customer service has also been 1st class.

Submitted by Dale B

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2014

Strengths:    Comfortable, tunable saddle. As an older rider I have found most modern bike saddles pretty hard on my skinny backside. The "15%" softer option for this saddle, along with the absorbers has been a good value for me, and increased my comfort and ability to handle longer rides.

Weaknesses:    Had a problem with getting it to quiet down at first. Koobi gave me some suggestions and extended the return window. It worked and I have had no problems for several hundred miles now.

Bottom Line:
    Excellent option for riders having problems with excessively hard bike saddles, or those who ride on rough roads.

Submitted by Ed Rosa

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2014

Strengths:    Real leather and good looking.

Weaknesses:    Not as comfortable as expected. Actually kind of hard.

Bottom Line:
    First, received saddle in a ziplock bag inside another USPS envelope! Company claims they were trying to save me $5 on shipping and handling. Like I care when buying a $200 saddle. No instructions on how to replace or adjust the rubber cushions. Had to get those emailed separately. Still not sure if the saddle feels hard because instructions are not clear to me as to how to adjust saddle. Overall, I don't recommend spending $200 for this saddle.

Submitted by Paul S

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2013

Strengths:    Elastomer shock absorbers work a treat and DON'T pop out. LEATHER cover NOT plastic. Comfortable and durable.

Weaknesses:    The leather cover can stain.

Bottom Line:
    Saw it reviewed on here and thought I'd give it a try. I've had my PRS for over a year now and it's performed faultlessly. The cover is leather, not plastic (as a previous uninformed reviewer said), and the elastomer shock absorbers don't pop out unless you install them incorrectly.

I would rate this saddle a little higher in the comfort stakes than the fizik Arione it replaced, and the Selle saddle before that. It allows me to slide onto it without catching on the nik's material.

Overall - a great saddle that I will be keeping a looooong time.

Park PRS-3 Steel base plate hole pattern/sizing

Hi there, I am awaiting a Park PRS-3 OS repair stand which uses the Park base #130. A friend of mine has access to a machine shop and has offered to cut some steel and drill it out so I can save a few bucks by not purchasing the Park Tool version. I was hoping someone out the there might take the ... Read More »

Koobi PRS saddles, anyone tried one ?

Has any one tried one of the Koobi PRS saddles. Looking to upgrade my saddle and these look interesting. Ridding 25-75 miles on my full carbon Neuvation F500 with DI2.Read More »

Anyone riding with Koobi PRS saddles ?

I was looking at upgrading my saddle and came across the KOOBI models and was very intrigued. Does anyone have first hand knowledge and experience with this brand and what has been your long term experience? Looking for a good comfortable saddle for 30-100 mile rides and I am a pretty b ... Read More »

Park Tool PRS-20......freakin sweet

Thanks for all the help deciding on a stand. It is a tank, no plastic=long life. Ordered some Park Tool tools as well. I'm sure they will be quality just like the stand. [IMG][IMG]http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab271/Dcmkx2000/CIMG3712.jpg[/IMG][/IMG] [IMG][IMG]http://i871.photobucket.c ... Read More »

Traded my Koobi PRS in for a Specialized Romin saddle

I know, I know... Saddles are a personal preference but... Had to give the Specialized Romin two big thumbs up! I've been using Koobis for the last dozen years but had been getting a bit numb after 30 miles on the new bike. After fiddling around trying to get it "dialed in" I was still having issues ... Read More »