Koobi PRS Saddles

4.52/5 (31 Reviews)

Our ultimate saddle features breakthrough "tunable suspension." Below the sleek leather and firm padding is our state of the art "tunable suspension." This simple to tune, light weight suspension uses proven elastomer spring technology, allowing the rider to tune the suspension to his or her own personal ride preference.
  • Ti rails
  • 298 grams
  • Width = 146mm
  • Women's specific model available

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Peter Ney a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2015

Strengths:    Good blend between road saddle and a spilt nose TT saddle.

Weaknesses:    The company does not stand behind product. The uppers peel away from the saddle. Beware of rail failure, mine did and the company did not even return my phone call. A bit behind the times, the reviews on their website are all old and positive. No one is perfect, take evaluations and make cutting edge products.

Bottom Line:
    I rode on a Koobi Tri saddle for one season and loved it. When I bought a new one for the next season it completely failed. The rails on both sides bent and almost had catastrophic failure. Sent pictures in and the company did not even respond. Lately, I've explored some of their newer saddles, but, the company once again won't return an email regarding questions. Rule #1 for me is customer support, Koobi seems to not care. I used to train with a lot of multisport athletes using their saddles, but that seems to be in the past. If you want to roll the dice on a hybrid saddle, go for it, if it brakes, have fun with the road rash and no support. For a local company this bums, excuse the pun, me out! Listen to your customers.

Favorite Ride:   BMC TM01 Selle Italia Concor

Purchased At:   Factory

Similar Products Used:   Bontrager RXL, Specialized SL Split, Cobb 55, ISM. They have all stood behind their products.

Bike Setup:   Only use on my TT/TRI bike, not on road. Use Fizik or Selle Italia for road. Ride high in the back and low in the front. Seems their engineering can't handle 'on the nose,' riding.

Submitted by Rob a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2014

Strengths:    Comfort, durability

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
    7 Years ago I purchased a Koobi PRS and have ridden thousands of miles. Recently I was involved in a minor car accident with the bike getting smacked to the ground. The seat took the brunt of the hit, bending the rail. Koobi had a replacement rail for $29.95 total and I was able to install it myself. What a value. Should get a few more years out if this trusty steed.

Submitted by P Friedrich a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2014

Strengths:    Very comfortable

Weaknesses:    Rails break after a few years of use

Bottom Line:
    I have been a loyal Koobi customer for some years now, but sadly will have to find another saddle vendor. I have 3 of these saddles purchased over the last 7 years on my 3 road bikes. I had a left rail failure 2 years ago on my #1 bike. Then 3 weeks ago, I had another rail failure, this time on the right side on my #2 bike. Luckily both times were close to home. I have NEVER had a saddle break in any manner prior to using the Koobis. In fact, I have never heard this ever happening in the circle I ride with.

So, there appears to be a high probability of a long term fatigue failure issue which is/has not addressed by the Koobi folks, nor were they receptive of these facts when I called them.

Find another saddle if you want to rest easy, knowing you and your bike won't be crippled in the middle of a major effort or neighborhood ride.

Favorite Ride:   all of them

Purchased At:   Koobi

Similar Products Used:   fizik

Bike Setup:   Trek 5500, SRAM Red, Ksyrium Elete
    Schwinn Paramont SRAM Force, Ksyrium Elete

Submitted by g-dawg

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2014

Strengths:    Firm padding, leather cover,comfy

Weaknesses:    costly

Bottom Line:
    This review is for the koobi xenon. I got this saddle on a special deal, or I wouldn't have paid for it. It takes a little time to break in, but once the break in period is over this thing is amazing. Over the past several weeks I totally forget about my saddle. I ride up to 100 miles per ride, with no discomfort in my butt! Customer service has also been 1st class.

Submitted by Dale B

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2014

Strengths:    Comfortable, tunable saddle. As an older rider I have found most modern bike saddles pretty hard on my skinny backside. The "15%" softer option for this saddle, along with the absorbers has been a good value for me, and increased my comfort and ability to handle longer rides.

Weaknesses:    Had a problem with getting it to quiet down at first. Koobi gave me some suggestions and extended the return window. It worked and I have had no problems for several hundred miles now.

Bottom Line:
    Excellent option for riders having problems with excessively hard bike saddles, or those who ride on rough roads.